Dinky DK-2 volume and tone knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky DK-2 volume and tone knobs

I wanted to change them since one of them gave up... Are they bad quality? are they some kind of special measure? The guitar-tech that was about to change it told me that they were a "longer" type of pot, and they were not usually found here.. is he right?

Originally posted by midibuddy View Post
    I wanted to change them since one of them gave up... Are they bad quality?
    Yup.

are they some kind of special measure?
    No, 500k audio taper I think.

The guitar-tech that was about to change it told me that they were a "longer" type of pot, and they were not usually found here.. is he right?
    Never heard this before. If doesn't have pots for non-pickguard guitars, I'm wondering what sort of a tech he is...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      Never heard this before. If doesn't have pots for non-pickguard guitars, I'm wondering what sort of a tech he is...

+1
      Most of these self-proclaimed "techs" IMO are just regular guitarists who happen to buy a book from barnes & nobles on how to setup a guitar. :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

A CTS short shaft 500k pot will work just fine.Make sure its a split shaft pot and not a solid shaft.Long shaft pots are for Gibson L.P.s
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Your "tech" is an idiot.

Use a standard CTS 500k Audio taper pot as a replacement.
          They're $4.95 each.
          Huge selection of top brand guitar & bass electronics, pickups, parts & hardware. Plus hundreds of free guitar wiring diagrams.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X