• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with Jackson Stars determination please

Hello,

I found this Jacskon Stars soloist 2xhumbackers, neck-thru, schaller floyd,

The current price is $450 and $600 is under the buy-it-now option

The pickups SH-4 (neck) and TB-5 (bridge) Some scratches were painted.

So do you think it's ok if I bid it?

Thanks!

That seems a very good price, the inlays look like mop and it looks pretty neat allround, however not personally fussed with rosewood on this perticular guitar....

looks very classy though and schaller FR's are tanks

Comment

Ok, I'll probably try to win it. Thank you.

Comment

That's probably one of the J2 series models. Rosewood and MOTO inlays. Neck-thru however.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          That's probably one of the J2 series models. Rosewood and MOTO inlays. Neck-thru however.
          Are MOTO inlays and Rosewood too bad for the price?

Comment

Yes...if you look hard enough you can find a Soloist PRO for that money, which has MOP inlays and ebony fingerboard.

for 450$, it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              Yes...if you look hard enough you can find a Soloist PRO for that money, which has MOP inlays and ebony fingerboard.

for 450$, it's ok.
              agree

Comment

Dont Pro's go for a lot more than that nowadays? you'd be very very lucky to snag one on ebay for that I think 650 is a more usual price for pros...

dont let the rosewood put you off, think of it this way it's lieka 2H bound SL3 but for a lot less with real duncans and a very good trem...

Comment

Agreed. The days of finding a 1990 Soloist Pro for $450 are long gone, unless you luck up on a Buy It Now, which you'll find maybe twice a year.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok, you can still find Charvel Model 6, 650XL or Jackson Professional XL for that money. All pretty much the same as this Jackson Stars, but MOP inlays and HSS config.

Comment

Thank you all, I'd like to have something like neck-through and with 2 humbuckers. For single coils I have a Fender Sttatocaster MIJ (ash body) and a Hamer Diablo II (that has a single inside). A 2 single soloist is I think too much for me, though I can replace the singles by mini-humbuckers like many people do. But still, some extra money again

Comment

Working...
                      X