DK2M customization plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M customization plans

In the process of buying a new guitar and want a bolt on 2H Jackson with SDs. Would have preferred a USA guitar (only due to the fact that these have the quarter-sawn hard rock maple necks whereas the imports only have maple necks + I prefer the OFR over the Jackson licensed) so the alternatives I am looking at is to either buy a DK-1 and switch the EMGs to SDs (expensive...) or to try to "customize" a DK2M the way I want (if this is even possible?).

What I would like to do is the following:

1. Buy a std DK2M.
    2. Change the trem to an OFR. Does it fit exactly you think?
    3. Buy a spare part USA DK-1 neck and add that to the package. I cannot find what only the neck would cost in the pricelist from Jackson. Do you think it is even possible to buy one separate like this? Also, I do think it would fit, but I am not sure as the specs on the Jackson website says the DK-1 has 750 mm at the 3rd fret whereas the DK2M has 735 mm at the 1st fret. Both have 810 at the 12th. I think it is exactly the same nevertheless (they have just measured at different places for some reason) but I am not sure.

What I would end up with is a "Japanese manufactured DK-1 with SDs and the extra scallop on the lower cutaway" as far as I can tell the differences between the two guitars.

It might explain this move even more, if I say that a DK-1 in Sweden where I live for some freaking reason costs appr. 25.000 sek (appr. 3.300 usd) and a DK2M appr. 6.000 sek (appr. 900 usd)...

What do you guys think? Possible?

1. do it!!
    2. yes, it will fit.
    3. not available for sale. start checking e-bay. good luck though. it will fit.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

OFR's will fit in lo pro routes but the lo pros nagled baseplates will leave a slight gap as the ofr baseplate wont cover that, you cant buya dk2 neck but you should be able to find one.

I think it would end up costing you more than new DK 1 if you do this its much easier to change the emgs to duncans, you can get a DK 1 from the states probably a lot cheaper than in sweeden...

You can pickup a TB4 and jazz set on ebay for cheap enough...

if you were just getting the dk2m and changing the trem it wouldnt be oo pricy but finding a DK 1 neck in europe wold cost a bomb, even in te us it would be around 700-1000$

considering the price of the DK2M and how it's nice because it's got a maple fretboard I think it's silly getting that guitar and changing the neck to an ebony fretboard one..

I think that jacksons 24 fret necks will fit each other as long as they are the same scale 25./5 will fit any 24 fret jackson body such as the dk2 dk2m dxmg dkmg etc....

good luck but if you do buy a dk2m i think you might actually like it...

Comment

Working...
      X