Kelly Mutt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    Still sounds like a KE3 to me. Is the fretboard unbound? Are the sharkies real MOP or plastic MOTO? That serial number looks like a "Made in India" number. starts with a 9=Japan; starts with a 0=India.
    Well I took the neck off. Nothing stamped anywhere. The body seems to be made of popular, though it was hard to tell. The freatboard is unbound and the sharkies are MOTO. The Duncan pickup is a Distortion. The Jackson is unmarked.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      Well I picked it up today. The neck plate had no Jackson logo and a very unJackson-like serial: 00010167.
      That looks like a serial off a MiI Jackson, and if my personal hypothesis about the Indian serial numbering is correct, it's from 2000 (first two numbers; 99 = 1999, 00 = 2000, 01 = 2001, etc). We have no official confirmation on that though.

Comment

Sounds like a KE3, but im no pro!

Comment

Hmm, maybe I should go over the specs of this thing.

Jackson Kelly
          Serial: 00010167 on a plain black neck plate
          Hardware: Black
          Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion
          Neck Pickup: Unknown Jackson
          1 volume control and one 3 way toggle switch
          24 Fret Rosewood Fretboard
          Unbound neck and headstock
          Bolt on Maple Neck
          MOTO (Pretty sure of that) Non Reverse Sharkfin Inlays
          Non Reverse Jackson headstock
          JT580 Tremolo (Not a Lo Pro)
          Poplar (thats what it looked like anyway when I took the neck off) Body
          No markings on neck or neck pocket

Comment

I've decided its a Jackson Performer with a X Series neck and JT500 trem (Don't know why I was thinking JT580...) The Duncan pickup though sounds good in it.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to this party but it's definitely not a Professional Standard Kelly. I don't think that the serial starting with a 0 makes it a MII. It's more the fact that the serial is 8 digits. MIJ usually have a 6 digit serial. Also, Kelly Std bodies don't have the serial on them. It was found on a sticker on the headstock due to the fact that they didn't have neckplates. Here's a pic of the back of my Kelly Std

My gear
              87 Charvel Model 6
              86 Charvel Model 4
              93 Jackson RR EX
              93 Jackson Kelly STD
              88 Ibanez RG560
              99 Schecter Diamond C-7
              Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Originally posted by Glave View Post
                Sorry I'm late to this party but it's definitely not a Professional Standard Kelly. I don't think that the serial starting with a 0 makes it a MII. It's more the fact that the serial is 8 digits. MIJ usually have a 6 digit serial. Also, Kelly Std bodies don't have the serial on them. It was found on a sticker on the headstock due to the fact that they didn't have neckplates. Here's a pic of the back of my Kelly Std

Thanks for the picture That confirms it then, its a Kelly Performer body with an X Series neck. Not what I was hoping for, but ti still plays and sounds nice, and is built well to boot.

Comment

Working...
                X