Pickups for WRMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for WRMG

Ok, so I have a WRMG with the EMG Hz's in it, and I have to say...the pickups suck. I want to get a new set, but this is where im stuck. Now before anyone says put some real EMG's in it, I already have another Jackson with the 81/85 combo. Yes I like the pickups, but I dont really want another guitar with EMG's right now.

I was thinking of putting some Duncans in the Warrior, but im not to sure which set I should go with. I was looking at the JB/Jazz combo, but I wanna get some opinions from others before I go out and buy them.

So some bands that I listen to and will playing their songs on this guitar are:

Black Sabbath
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Ozzy (Rhoads Era)

So basically metal and hard rock....

So what do you guys think would work?

i use the jb/jazz in my warrior and i find it quite good for hard rock, so i'd recommend that. since you listen to megadeth i think you should also consider the mustaine livewires. i remember randy had a distortion (correct me if i'm wrong)

btw, welcome to the jcf!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw4Es1ARzY
    http://www.soundclick.com/milkmen

Comment

Duncan distortion neck and bridge.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm not too fond of the JB in alder guitars. At least with my experince they sound really muddy. I'd recommend the Duncan Full Shred in both the bridge and neck.

Comment

i love jbs in alder guitars !

welcome to the jcf!
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

How does the Distortion do with cleans in the neck? Same with the Full Shred?

For now I wanna stay away from Active pickups

Originally posted by Super_shredder
            welcome to the jcf!
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
              How does the Distortion do with cleans in the neck?
              It can do awesome if you wire it correctly. I have the Distortion Mayhem set (Distortion bridge and Distortion neck (Seymourizer)) in my 750XL. I got the stew-mac mega 5 way switch (Type E) so that I can get neck hum, neck single, 1 neck coil + 1 bridge coil that I can put out of phase with a push/pull tone, bridge single, and bridge hum.

Comment

Go with the killer combo . Duncan Invader in the bridge and the full shred in the neck . Sounds awesome i have that setup in my XTRR

Comment

Hmm. I still have HZ's in my WRMG. Don't really have any problems, though my distortion settings on my FX are very high and patches are often swamped in analog delay. I put my 2006 Ke3 through the same patches and I wound up with warbling in the sound.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    It can do awesome if you wire it correctly. I have the Distortion Mayhem set (Distortion bridge and Distortion neck (Seymourizer)) in my 750XL. I got the stew-mac mega 5 way switch (Type E) so that I can get neck hum, neck single, 1 neck coil + 1 bridge coil that I can put out of phase with a push/pull tone, bridge single, and bridge hum.

do you have any sound clips?

Comment

Does your WRMG have the AfterBurner? Mine does and while the pickups don't have the "be all end all" tone, I like it.

But then you could always try a Custom Custom in the bridge - works great for Ozzy-era Sabbath and has enough definition over the full spectrum for Megadeth.

Metallica's tone is more about the amp than the pickups, and Rhoads' tone is easy - Gain on 10 and a mid-boost.

The JB is good for cleans in the neck, whether split or full.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea it does have the AfterBurner, and I think it sounds like shit. When I do get new pickups, im just gonna put a volume pot in its place.

But im not complaining, considering I bought the guitar with the case for a mere $130

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
                          I bought the guitar with the case for a mere $130
                          Holy crap!!!

I'm looking into buying a WRMG myself...wish they still made the trans green color.

When I get it, I'll probably go with a DiMarzio SuperII neck and X2N bridge.

Comment

X2N in the bridge for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                              Holy crap!!!
                              +2. Wish I could get a decent guitar for £65!
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X