DX10 PRO ? (not DX10D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX10 PRO ? (not DX10D)

Is this a real model? I am a pretty religious reader of the catalog scans but can't seem to find this:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/385340952.html

I know that one is overpriced (priced more like a Professional Dinky Reverse), but I am interested in the same guitar from a local store that I talked about here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71789

I guess my question is were these MIJ??? or if some of them were, can you tell by the serial number?

Thanks,

It's legit. Prior to the "D" (Deluxe?) version, there was a DX10 that had dot inlays instead of sharkfins, and I believe different Kent Armstrong pickups.

I think they were made in India, but I suppose MIJ is possible.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
      It's legit. Prior to the "D" (Deluxe?) version, there was a DX10 that had dot inlays instead of sharkfins, and I believe different Kent Armstrong pickups.

I think they were made in India, but I suppose MIJ is possible.
      Thanks for the info, do you know if you can tell if this model is MIJ by the serial number, like the performer series?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Yeah, MIJ serials should start with 9.
        But I am sure it is India because X series production went to Japan in 2002 and this model is from around 2000. Serial # should be 8 digits long and start with 0.

BTW the Craigslist guitar ad is BS, that Floyd is a JT500 and is nowhere near "excellent" it's actually pretty craptastic. In my professional opinion the MII guitar is worth $100 - $150.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Yeah, MIJ serials should start with 9.
          But I am sure it is India because X series production went to Japan in 2002 and this model is from around 2000. Serial # should be 8 digits long and start with 0.

BTW the Craigslist guitar ad is BS, that Floyd is a JT500 and is nowhere near "excellent" it's actually pretty craptastic. In my professional opinion the MII guitar is worth $100 - $150.
          Thanks man, that's too bad, because the one I was interested in is at my local store for $220 which would be a good deal for a MIJ but I would not want an MII, I'm going to keep an eye out for a MIJ PS4 to come through the local area, they usually go for 200 - 300 which I think is reasonable for a MIJ, plus they have HSH.

Comment

Working...
          X