Schaller locking tuners for my KBRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller locking tuners for my KBRR

Hey guys im looking to replace my stock jackson tuners from my KBRR guitar to Schaller locking tuners. I have seen a member put them on as direct replacements with no need to drill new holes. But all the picks i have seen show that the pin hole on the schaller is in a different position then the stock jackson ones. My question is does anyone know where i can get locking tuners that drop right in without drilling ?? thanks

I believe the Planet Waves locking tuners are direct replacements. I've had good luck with Wilkinson EZ-LOK tuners personally, although they just "lock" by having two holes per post instead of one, thus keeping the string in place that way instead of clamping it inside the post. The screws don't line up *exactly* but are close enough that they work without requiring any drilling.
    sigpic

Comment

Schaller are direct replacements. No drilling. I put in a set of locking tuners into my KBR and they fit like they would from the factory. Fantastic tuners by the way. The Planet Waves are supposed to be better and smarter but I chose the Schallers because I think they 'belong' there with the Schaller tailpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Izegrim View Post
        Schaller are direct replacements. No drilling. I put in a set of locking tuners into my KBR and they fit like they would from the factory. Fantastic tuners by the way. The Planet Waves are supposed to be better and smarter but I chose the Schallers because I think they 'belong' there with the Schaller tailpiece.
        Which Schaller tuners? Model#. I think they make quite a few.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I have put product# 2020 in my KBR and they are the same size/color as the original Jackson tuners.

Comment

M6L should fit fine....

but most of the lcoking tuners with the offset screw like gotoh schaller and most mdoern tuners should fit the only ones that will need redrilling are the sperzels as the pin is in a different position....

allparts should stock m6l's

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone !!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                M6L should fit fine....

but most of the lcoking tuners with the offset screw like gotoh schaller and most mdoern tuners should fit the only ones that will need redrilling are the sperzels as the pin is in a different position....

allparts should stock m6l's
                As for Sperzels, just get a pair of pliers and rip the pin out.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Planet Waves are very easy to install:

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Are the Planet Waves tuners also a drop in replacement for the tuners on USA select Jacksons?
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                      Are the Planet Waves tuners also a drop in replacement for the tuners on USA select Jacksons?
                      Check the link above your post, everything is explained with pictures.

Yes they are drop-in.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                      X