Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bagged an RR 24

incedentally my first jACKSON

overall 9/10 - the construction and set up is great and the paint is near flawless...BUT it was a little messy round the trem route. Guys, its an 850 quid guitar - learn to paint within the lines. My american strat (150 quid cheaper) is flawless

Nice one! Was £850 the cheapest you could get it for, did you shop around a bit? Did it come with a case for that money as well?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Is the Floyd a real OFR or the badged fakey I've read about on this forum?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome guitar except for those darn inlays. They just have a cheap look from the pics I've seen. Do they look that plastic-y in person? Cool guitar aside from that. I love the white with black bevels look.

Comment

According to the spec sheet, it's supposed to be a real Floyd.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            According to the spec sheet, it's supposed to be a real Floyd.
            The one on the RR24 I just got is a true Floyd, the Ping ones will have a "P" by the trem arm and would have a brass saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
              .... and the paint is near flawless...BUT it was a little messy round the trem route. Guys, its an 850 quid guitar - learn to paint within the lines. My american strat (150 quid cheaper) is flawless
              The trem route is basically hidden from view so there's not as much detail/attention put into it, sorta like the control cavity. Looks great, though. White w/black bevels = a drool factor of 10! Congrats!!
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

How do the bevels look as far as paint is concerned? Mine looks clean but when these first hit stores someone posted pics of their black & yellow one and the edges of the yellow paint were all jacked up looking.

Comment

That looks sweet, congrats. Whre did you get it from?
                  www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Sweet guitar, congratulations!

As Shobet has suggested, I hope you got a case as well for 850 GBP. Thomann are selling them for 705 GBP.

Comment

I so nearly bought the black/white RR24, but at the last minute cancelled my order and went for a second-hand SL1...the frets and binding all perfect?

Comment

well i got it for 800 (i knew the guy coz he sold me my last guitar) on 12 months interest free finance with zero deposit from Sound Control in brum and they are having to custom order a case for me coz of the shape!! hehe and yes the bevels are perfect and it is a real floyd and the sound is pretty darn good - i wasn't so sure about the emg at first but a litle fiddling with amp knobs goes a long way!!

Comment

The trem route is basically hidden from view so there's not as much detail/attention put into it, sorta like the control cavity

true but the black paint actually spills onto the white body a tiny bit in places which is not what i expect from a guitar of this value!!

other than that tho, its ace, and i already find myself using the 24th fret!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                            well i got it for 800 (i knew the guy coz he sold me my last guitar) on 12 months interest free finance with zero deposit from Sound Control in brum and they are having to custom order a case for me coz of the shape!! hehe and yes the bevels are perfect and it is a real floyd and the sound is pretty darn good - i wasn't so sure about the emg at first but a litle fiddling with amp knobs goes a long way!!
                            really?! tell them to send that dk2s to the nottingham branch, cuz i'm still waitin' for it!
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Re:

Hey hows the ebony fingerboard quality as good as like some of the USA models?

Comment

Working...
                              X