Sam Ash exclusive SL2H run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Ash exclusive SL2H run.

Does anyone have any more info on the Sam Ash SL2H trans. blue run? It says "Standard Floyd Rose". Is it an original Floyd? Also, is this the Japanese version or the USA ones? Usually the SL2H's are made in the USA, but the pictures on the Sam Ash website, doesn't say made in USA on the headstock. Anyone own or tried one of these babies?

Discussed in detail here. Consensus was positive. Not Made in USA though. They're probably great guitars, especially at that price.

Versus the SL3, you get binding and an OFR rather than a 580 and an archtop if that's your thing for $100 less from the SL2H.

Link in that old thread goes to a Kelly. Here's the SL2H:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...ARCH&GroupCode=

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Nice job schoolin' the newb, Vass.

Minh, Search function: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/search.php

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks guys, I did a search and it didn't show up what I was looking for..should've put the words "Sam Ash" added to it. Looks like an awesome guitar for the money. Lately, I've been trying out and owning guitars that weren't exactly perfect in the craftsmanship dept. but I may consider this guitar. It looks immaculate!
        Last edited by minh_80; 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Played the black one and the trans blue one in our Sam Ash in Vegas. Very nice guitars. I am looking at getting the black one (which is more of a really dark metallic gray).

Comment

I have a trans blue one, it's an excellent instrument.

Comment

Welcome, Danno.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I'm still gassing for this. I'll wait and see if Kramer will fix my Baretta due for warranty work.

Comment

Great guitar...It's still my main player.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
                    Great guitar...It's still my main player.
                    How's everything else on it? Does it stay in tune well? Nothing broken yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                      Played the black one and the trans blue one in our Sam Ash in Vegas. Very nice guitars. I am looking at getting the black one (which is more of a really dark metallic gray).
                      I just played that blue one in Vegas yesterday Rockin guitar. I have serious GAS for it at the moment. Sweet guitar for the price! I'm glad you're after the black one because I think I might have to own the trans blue one. It caught my eye right away... and I swore I'd never buy another "round" guitar again LOL
                      Last edited by adoxtater; 08-20-2007, 03:24 PM.
                      - Adam

Comment

That's too funny! I have an acquaintance that works over there so I can get it at a pretty sweet price. Doesn't the black one look more gray than black? Of course I just put a RR1 white w/black bevels on hold at another local shop.

Comment

How's everything else on it? Does it stay in tune well? Nothing broken yet?
                          Nope, nothin' yet. She still works like the day I bought her and stays in tune perfectly. The only thing I wish this guitar had is real MOP inlays. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X