Rhoads Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Ex

what are folks' thoughts on the Rhoads Ex? I seem to remember a couple of JCFers having owned them (Joel?), but the search function appears to be on the fritz at the moment.

So is this guitar any good? How does it stack up to the RR3 and the usual PS3s I see in the pawnshops?
    Hail yesterday

Rhoads EX was my introduction to Jacksons. It was a solid, good sounding and well playing import. Neck felt a touch thicker than imports that came later. The fretboard itself was also a little thicker than what you see on later guitars.

The pickups weren't all that great, and on an old guitar the trem may be shot. Other than that, great guitar for sure!

Comment

thanks for the info, 'bane
      Hail yesterday

Comment

No prob at all bro. To elaborate on my answer, I'd rate the RR-3 higher than the EX - because it has more eyecandy, better pups and better jack placement. But I'd rather pick the EX over a Performer model Jackson.

Comment

Yea the RR3 i would say is a better guitar , but the EX is a very solid entry axe espessically if you just getting into the V shapes, just be careful of the nose dive

Comment

Working...
          X