No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars RR-J1 Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 piece neck, taken form jackson custom shop gallery- thought I would post these picks as the wayback machine can play up sometimes.

As you can see, it clearly differs from the neck used on the stars series.

Comment

I get no pic...maybe next time if my friend do a re-finish again I''ll tell him to take some pics!
      State of Emergency
      http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
      Personal Myspace
      http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.A.F View Post
        I get no pic...maybe next time if my friend do a re-finish again I''ll tell him to take some pics!
        No need to trouble your friend, S.O.A.F.

It appears some of the USA Jacksons use a single block and some use the double block. Below are pictures of both.

KV2T in Natural:

KV2 in Korina:

SL2H in Natural:

SL2H (circa 2000)

I now think I was wrong about the KE2 having a single block neck. I stand corrected: double block it is.

I think at this stage we only have two questions: (1) when did Jackson start using the two-block neck; and (2) do Jackson Stars use a two piece block on the necks of any of their guitars? I can't find evidence for the answer to either, mainly as people don't seem to take pictures of the backs of their guitars!

But worst of all, I've now got GAS for an RR in Natural.

Comment

Wow, this thread exploded since I took a look at work...

thanks for digging up the picture of my Rhoads, Sunbane, I was about to post that one.

I don't own a camera myself so I can't prove anything right now, but you can take my word for that my Rhoads has a one piece centre block. I just took another look at it to confirm it for myself... Absolutely no seam visible through the trans finish.

BTW, I always believed that on USA guitars the ones who get routed for a floyd get the different construction with the two piece centre block, while the string-thrus (like the SLATQH) get one piece. And that this was because of the floyd route which goes all the way through the centre block, and therefore a different construction method is needed.

But after having a deep investigation into my harddrive I found this KV1T pic (and now have my GAS for a string-thru KV flame up again, damn!):

Food for thought, also because this KV1T should be quite old already...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
            Wow, this thread exploded since I took a look at work...
            I thought your job was rocking out? If so, are you not always "at work"?!

...you can take my word for that my Rhoads has a one piece centre block.
            We'll believe you. Just this once.

I've just taken my SLATQH down off the wall to check too. It is definitely a one piece neck. Don't know how I'm going to get a photo to show it though, as it's only really obvious from the grain in the wood. It'd be much clearer on a natural rather than red one.

.... also because this KV1T should be quite old already...
            Sweet KV1T... and the plot thickens.

Incidentally, what do people make of these two sweetone pictures: one piece neck or two?

PS Shadowcat, did you see this? It may be a little turquoise for you, but it looks green to me!

Last edited by ken; 08-22-2007, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.A.F View Post
              true Neck thru body (USA now are more like Set-thru)
              Uh, you must be confusing Jackson with Schecter.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                I thought your job was rocking out? If so, are you not always "at work"?!

We'll believe you. Just this once.

I've just taken my SLATQH down off the wall to check too. It is definitely a one piece neck. Don't know how I'm going to get a photo to show it though, as it's only really obvious from the grain in the wood. It'd be much clearer on a natural rather than red one.

Sweet KV1T... and the plot thickens.

Incidentally, what do people make of these two sweetone pictures: one piece neck or two?

PS Shadowcat, did you see this? It may be a little turquoise for you, but it looks green to me!

http://www.digimart.net/images/1640/DS00294661_1.jpg
                I think I have seen that one... and drooled too.

And I'd say that Sweetone has a one piece neck,and that the color difference comes from the neck being unfinished.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Could it be that the USA Mahogany neck-through guitars (mahogany neck and body) get a 1-piece neck, while USA Maple neck-throughs get the 2-piece neck?

I'm sitting here, looking at the pics and trying to work out some logic in all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    Could it be that the USA Mahogany neck-through guitars (mahogany neck and body) get a 1-piece neck, while USA Maple neck-throughs get the 2-piece neck?

I'm sitting here, looking at the pics and trying to work out some logic in all this.

I decided not to think about this today, for fear of not getting any work done.

Comment

Working...
                    X