No announcement yet.

What exactly are Jackson Stars guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly are Jackson Stars guitars?

Are they any better than regular import Jacksons? Please explain because I've never heard of them....

Japanese jackson custom shop, they are pretty good about quailty.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I would say a production shop for the asian market that offers semi to full custom work. Still a production shop at heart.

Comment

For Domestic Japan market. It is a joint venture between Jackson and local Japanese partners.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:25 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
            So what about the Grover Jackson line? I cannot find anything, except here on the forums.
            Same thing. It's what Jackson Stars were called before.

Comment

worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Codyyy View Post
                Are they any better than regular import Jacksons? Please explain because I've never heard of them....
                oh, yeah................ use the search function dammit.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by hksb_alex View Post
                  Very interesting thread. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah good info on that one.. wierd eh?

So from what I understand those Jackson Stars Custom Shop USA guitars are actually made in the US custom shop after being ordered from the japanese custom shop (who knows why they didnt make them theirselves) and then sent to japan?

I just find it a bit wierd.. or maby I am wrong.

Comment

QuantumRider has told us before that (quote): "some Jackson Stars are made in America. However, if they are sold in Japan and distributed through Chushin Gakki, they must have the "Stars" on the headstock". (end of quote).

Reading up on Luna_Sea's posts on that forum, makes me wonder if we westerns really knows what's going on in Japan wrt. the Fujigen factory and who builds what down there.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Erez View Post
                        Yeah good info on that one.. wierd eh?

So from what I understand those Jackson Stars Custom Shop USA guitars are actually made in the US custom shop after being ordered from the japanese custom shop (who knows why they didnt make them theirselves) and then sent to japan?

I just find it a bit wierd.. or maby I am wrong.
                        Well, some of them are, as far as we know. But I'd wager a guess that most Jackson Stars customs are made right there in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                          Reading up on Luna_Sea's posts on that forum, makes me wonder if we westerns really knows what's going on in Japan wrt. the Fujigen factory and who builds what down there.
                          +1.

Built in 2 or 3 factories? Interesting...

Comment

yea ... what they said

Comment

I think this document on Caparison's history clears up many of the questions here (incidentally, no, I didn't write it):

Basically, my understanding is that all Jackson Stars, with the exception of the USA made ones, are made in the Chushin Gakki factory, which is also where the Jackson import models are made.

As for the Jackson Stars made in the USA, my bet would be that "made in the USA" has a cachet in Japan, as it does elsewhere. Remember, Jackson can't sell under the Jackson name in Japan, so if a Japanese person wants to order a Jackson USA CS piece through a Japanese dealer with that "made in the USA" cool, then it gets made in the States, but has to have Jackson Stars on the headstock.

It doesn't seem that complicated to me... unless I've got it arseways.

Comment

Working...
                              X