Jackson SL3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL3

I've recently been thinking about my next guitar purchase and the SL3 really stood out. Anyone have any experience, issues or even just pics of this axe?

I had an SL3 before. I believe it was a new old stock, later found out that it was a 2003 model when I sold it. The sound is unbelievable on this thing. Harmonics sceam out without even trying too hard. The neck was a bit wide/medium for my tastes. The jt580 tremolo was great and stayed in tune. Reason why I sold it, the fretwire ends were cut too steep..so everytime I do vibrato on either the low E or the high E..the strings would slide off the fretboard. Haven't tried out the newer models. I'm sure they have that remedied by now or maybe mine was just a fluke. I'd say the sound is way up there, but quality was way low in my personal experiences.
    Last edited by minh_80; 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

The new SL3 has a real Floyd trem now.
      If you buy one, make sure it has a a Floyd Rose and not the old JT580.
      -Rick

Comment

i would take the money for the SL3 and put it towards a used usa soloist.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have two SL3s. Great playing guitars! The USA Duncan pickups are a good match to this guitar! Mine have the JT-580 and they stay in tune just fine. If you come across a used one with the JT-580 trem and get a good deal on it, you can always upgrade to an OFR later on without any mods to the guitar. The brand new SL3s have gotten awfully expensive now.
          Last edited by Mr Metal; 08-26-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I will never understand why they dropped the SL4.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              Maybe because it was 22 frets and people expect to have 24 frets on a neck thru? I thought SL4s were great too...............

Comment

My Model 5 is 24 fret and I don't really live were the neck pickup is mounted. I think the 22 fret is better.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

The "E string vibrato falling off frets" issue is due to the locking nut. They used to have the wrong size locking nut on them. I forget what the proper one is but I believe 42mm is correct and instead the factory uses 43mm for some reason. Try searching I know I have posted it in at least 2 other threads in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    I had a violin brown one that was killer. I actually prefer 22 frets. Alas, I neede some cash so it had to go.

Comment

Just looking at it it looks great.

Not that that helps at all...

Comment

I had old version before.New one is great,get duncan pu and Floyd Rose...just like what SL-1 have. But I prefer the biniding and ebony fingerboad
                        State of Emergency
                        http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
                        Personal Myspace
                        http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.A.F View Post
                          I had old version before.New one is great,get duncan pu and Floyd Rose...just like what SL-1 have. But I prefer the biniding and ebony fingerboad

Just a small setback for a large price difference though...

Also, what's "biniding" ??

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                            Just a small setback for a large price difference though...

Also, what's "biniding" ??

Fingerboad binding
                            State of Emergency
                            http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
                            Personal Myspace
                            http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X