Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Different Jackson Tremelos were made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Different Jackson Tremelos were made?

I just recieved one in the mail today,and the guy didnt know which model it was,and I dont know. If I could posts pics I would,but I cant. I see jt6,500,580 all over the place,but whats makes each model different?
    Last edited by Dan; 08-30-2007, 09:51 PM.
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Try this thread. It's a sticky in the tech section.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679

And this is a site by a JCF member.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm
    Last edited by plon; 08-30-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks,I shouldve looked at the Stickys. I still dont know which one I have,,it is between a JT-500 Or a JT-580.
      HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
      Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
      (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
      Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
      Boss TU-2
      2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
      1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
      1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Thanks,I shouldve looked at the Stickys. I still dont know which one I have,,it is between a JT-500 Or a JT-580.
        The JT-500 and JT-590 look identical. The JT-590 says MADE IN GERMANY on it. It's basically a re branded Floyd Rose II.
        The JT-500 is a CHEAP copy of a FR II. Soft metal.

The JT-580 had the long screws out the back like a Floyd and the JT-580LP was the low profile version.
        -Rick

Comment

The JT500 i beieve was the single locking version of the 580. The strings would go thru what would be the string block screws. and over the saddle. The JT580 is the double locking of the same trem. IIRC.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            The JT500 i beieve was the single locking version of the 580. The strings would go thru what would be the string block screws. and over the saddle. The JT580 is the double locking of the same trem. IIRC.
            Gil
            No... A JT-500 is double locking and looks just like a JT-590.
            I've owned both.
            The JT-500 was good for a while, but the soft metal crapped out.
            There never was a single locking version of the JT-580.
            There was a single locking version of the JT-590, it was the JT-570.

Henriks' site can be a bit confusing because he also shows mods and hybrids of several types of trems.

JT-500

JT-590
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-30-2007, 11:02 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

The 580 is easily identified by its distinctive angles on the rear part of the baseplate. (The other types are all relatively straight across, like a rectangle). Here's the best close pic I could find on short notice:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Thanks,I shouldve looked at the Stickys.
                Dan, don't look at that sticky. It's outdated and erroneous. Use the link also given above: Tremolo Info Project
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

As I understand it, there were two JT-500 models, one single-locking and one double-locking. For example, I believe the Performer line used the JT-500, but was double-locking, while some of the X-series (India?) had single-locking trems that were still listed as 500s.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                    As I understand it, there were two JT-500 models, one single-locking and one double-locking. For example, I believe the Performer line used the JT-500, but was double-locking, while some of the X-series (India?) had single-locking trems that were still listed as 500s.
                    To complicate matters even further, the single-locking version would have been like the original Floyd Rose II which was also single-locking.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      The 580 is easily identified by its distinctive angles on the rear part of the baseplate. (The other types are all relatively straight across, like a rectangle). Here's the best close pic I could find on short notice:

Unless you get an older model JT580LP from '94... they also had square baseplates like an OFR. I know, I used to own a purple Dinky Reverse that was like that.
                      I believe the original non low-profile JT580 also had the square baseplate.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X