Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade?

Gotta question...is the Jackson DK2, KE-3, or RR-3 an upgrade from my 1996 Dinky Rev Professional? I'm not a noob...been playing for years, but my skills are finally at a place where I think they could benefit from a more professional guitar.

Thoughts please?

I'm really not looking on spending over a grand...

An upgrade is subjective. In terms of build quality, probably not. In terms of sound, thats your call. Any guitar is "professional" if you know how to use it.

Comment

no, those professionals were top notch, on par with the USA jacksons.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

FYI: A Jackson neck-thru model would be a MAJOR upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
          no, those professionals were top notch, on par with the USA jacksons.
          not by that period. early 90s, yes. late 90s, no

still a solid guitar, but I don't know that it is an upgrade from the current Pros
          Hail yesterday

Comment

+1
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have 2 Dinky Rev's. One from '94 and on from '95. IMO they play much easier than the '06 DK2 I have. The DK2's neck is also a ton chunkier than my old Rev's. My old Rev that I bough brand new in '94 has been the best, most reliable guitar I've ever owned. I've bought a few higher end guitars and usually sold them within a few months because they just weren't as comfortable.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Yeah I dont like the new pro's more then my 96 dr3. The dk2m is the exception (I havent played a normal dk2) but the mg series necks are way thicker and lose quite a bit that makes my dr3s great. Thats not to say they aren't great guitars on their own though, there fretwork is excellent.

I'd say upgrade to an slsmg, or something usa secondhand. Or just upgrade the pickups/trem, get a fret level and redress and continue with the guitar you obviously know well!

Comment

Hey bibz must be something about living in Newie that makes people want to buy dr3's. I've got 2 of the bastards and I luv'em.

Comment

Awesome dude! I have 2 green ones

Comment

Working...
                    X