Jackson RR24 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR24 Video

Heres a video of my band playing an original at a pub, Its funny in my area, people dont dance around like morons at a hardcore show, people just sit back with a beer and listen to the music, Ive been told that British Columbia is kind of a Scandinavia West type deal, similar climate and vibe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VWYAIDsmw
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Cool, man! You get a good full sound for a 3 pc.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool band name. Anne Rice fans?

PS - you should get a mic stand, dude :P

Comment

Nice...were you using a harmoniser in the solo, or some kind of delay for self-harmonisation? Definately sounded great for a single guitar

Comment

Thats cool man good solo liking the harmonised almost twin guitar sound...

Comment

Cool! Very old scool ala Venom sound you got there.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
              Cool band name. Anne Rice fans?

PS - you should get a mic stand, dude :P
              Im deffinately an Anne Rice fan, All of my songs are about vampires. And I dont need a mic stand, My mic is mounted to my face. It works great seeing as I have to play guitar myself semi accurately during vocal parts. If I had a rythem guitarist I might concider going back to the microphone, but I very much am digging my full wireless setup.

As for the Harmonizer, Yes, I used that for some parts, Its just my Digitech GNX3. I have bypassed the amp models by putting it on direct, as well as the cabinet models, I then put the pedal in my effects loop from my amp and use my amp's distortion, which is a Crate GTX212 amp. Most stellar distortion I can find, though I am very curious about the Crate Stealth model, Designed by Lee Jackson. My band may be looking for a new drummer as this one was fairly drunk the whole weekend, and tends to be whenever we do a show. But I didnt think the drumming was too bad for that song. Believe it or not the setlist for that show went as follows.

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
              Tom Sawyer - Rush
              Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
              Puritania - Dimmu Borgir
              Silent Night - COB
              Original

The song you all saw was the original.
              www.myspace.com/memnochband
              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                Im deffinately an Anne Rice fan, All of my songs are about vampires. And I dont need a mic stand, My mic is mounted to my face. It works great seeing as I have to play guitar myself semi accurately during vocal parts. If I had a rythem guitarist I might concider going back to the microphone, but I very much am digging my full wireless setup.

As for the Harmonizer, Yes, I used that for some parts, Its just my Digitech GNX3. I have bypassed the amp models by putting it on direct, as well as the cabinet models, I then put the pedal in my effects loop from my amp and use my amp's distortion, which is a Crate GTX212 amp. Most stellar distortion I can find, though I am very curious about the Crate Stealth model, Designed by Lee Jackson. My band may be looking for a new drummer as this one was fairly drunk the whole weekend, and tends to be whenever we do a show. But I didnt think the drumming was too bad for that song. Believe it or not the setlist for that show went as follows.

Tom Sawyer - Rush
                Puritania - Dimmu Borgir
                Silent Night - COB
                Original

Nice tight sound...solid.. but, (and remember im
                an old fart (53) Why not be more like Killswitches
                vocalist? That rasp deep gutteral makes it where
                i can only understand about 1 out of 8 words!
                Sorry to be negative...but why be like 90% of
                ALL the death metal bands? Stand out! Be different.
                Again..just the rambling of an old tired dude.. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                  Believe it or not the setlist for that show went as follows.

Tom Sawyer - Rush
                  Puritania - Dimmu Borgir
                  Silent Night - COB
                  Original

Awesome! That is eerily similar to my band's setlist! (We're a 3 pc also but we don't have a cool mic like you got)
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool soloing with the harmonizer & delay.

And if you're trying to mimic Alexi Laiho's voice, i give you 9/10.
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Sounded really good. Nice job!

The melody, to me, sounds a little like a sped-up version of Iron Maiden's Children of the Damned.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You've got your act together! Nice job with such limited resources. Raw works, and you've got some chops. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Working...
                        X