No announcement yet.

Unknown Jackson model. Please help ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you paid $100, then it was definitely a good deal. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      If you paid $100, then it was definitely a good deal. Congratulations!
      Originally posted by benhetfield View Post
      Hummm...Sorry but what is a "direct mounted pickup" ? I'm just a noob xD What is more i bought this guitar approximatly 350€ (let's say 400/450$) so I don't think it's a great model.

And also : i've change the pots buttons ^^ The originals one was all black.
      Well, according to post no. 5, he says he paid approx $450 for it. I'm assuming he's quoting US dollars. That is a LOT for an Indian made Jackson.

Doesn't matter. Everyone makes mistakes at some point or the other.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        Well, according to post no. 5, he says he paid approx $450 for it. I'm assuming he's quoting US dollars. That is a LOT for an Indian made Jackson.

Doesn't matter. Everyone makes mistakes at some point or the other.
        100$ for the two humbuckers lol. I'm not very understandable sometimes please forgive me :'(

My dealer got very high prices...But now I buy on the net...Not at local reseller...Anyway the store where i bought it is closed !

What is more i was (still ?) a noob in guitar...I didn't even know that jackson was US in 2002 xD

But I've grew up (i've got the force now ! ) and I think i can do the difference between a guitar, and a GOOD guitar...

But still, as i play only 1 or 2 hours day, mine is enough (and money doesn't fall from the sky xD)...

Let's dream about legendary guitars, and play my minors pentatonics...
        Last edited by benhetfield; 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Sam

Comment

This is an old DX10, circa late 90's. It was Jackson's entry level and sold for about $249. These Indian-made DX10s came with Duncan Designed 103B and 103N pickups, and a non-logo'd Chrome-colored JT-500 trem. Bodies were advertised as Alder, but the wood seen in the neck pocket looked like low-grade Mahogany. On the Indian production DX10, the neck pocket is slightly narrower than an MIJ or USA Jackson....possibly Fender sized?

These later became the DX10D when Jackson added fake pearl sharkfin inlays (but still Made in India). Eventually production was moved to Japan and the trem changed to JT-580 but the model number remained as DX10D. The move to Japan was a BIG improvement IMHO. There even was a MIJ FS (Firestorm boost circuit) version.
            Last edited by Mr Metal; 09-11-2007, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Wa !!!
              Thanks a lot !!! You lit my lantern...(i don't know if this expression exist in english lol...Let's say you help me a lot ! You learn me something that i surely never discovered by myself...)

You're surely right, everything you said match with my guitar. The only thing i couldn't do is identify all the woods in it (if you've got a method...).

Also i've got a question : what is the "neck pocket" ?

If by "fender sized" you mean a 25.5" scale then it is.

And about the price : in 2002 (i found the bill) i payed it 1600F. It was about 250$ at this period (today 1€ represent 1,37$ and it's constantly climbing so i was totally wrong when i've converted 300€ in 400$ because in 2002 US Dollars wasn't so down).

Thanks for all ! After 5 years, i finally know what my jackson is (even if i knew it was an entry level ^^)

You guys rock

Comment

If you'd take off the neck, you would notice that the end of the neck sits in a a routed shelf in the body. That is the neck pocket.

Most Jackson guitars have wider necks than a Fender, so the neck pocket is also wider. However, we have found out that the indian made Jacksons have a slightly narrower neck pocket than the others.

Comment

Wa !!!
                  Thanks a lot !!! You lit my lantern...(i don't know if this expression exist in english lol...Let's say you help me a lot ! You learn me something that i surely never discovered by myself...)

You're surely right, everything you said match with my guitar. The only thing i couldn't do is identify all the woods in it (if you've got a method...).

And about the price : in 2002 (i found the bill) i payed it 1600F. It was about 250$ at this period (today 1€ represent 1,37$ and it's constantly climbing so i was totally wrong when i've converted 300€ in 400$ because in 2002 US Dollars wasn't so down).

Thanks for all ! After 5 years, i finally know what my jackson is (even if i knew it was an entry level ^^)

You guys rock

You're very welcome,
                  Benhetfield!!!

Neck pocket is the cutaway area in the body where the neck is attached.

My comment about the neck pocket width is regarding the width of this cutout. Jackson necks are usually wider at the heel and require a wider neck pocket than a Fender Strat, but these DX10's neck pocket width appears to be slightly narrower than standard Jackson. This has nothing to do with the scale length.

The neck wood is maple and the fingerboard is rosewood.
                  Last edited by Mr Metal; 09-11-2007, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for every detail it's very interesting for me...I didn't know all of this...Happily you're there to help me !

Thanks a lot everybody

Comment

Working...
                    X