No announcement yet.

DK2M owner opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:22 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I love mine. No fret buzz for me, and the action was perfect. Only problem I had was that it gave me a severe case of G.A.S. that resulted in my buying a SLATQH, and that only made the G.A.S. worse!
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
        Here's the thread with the slanted neck pockets: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=67063&page=3

First MF/GC was passing off defect guitars as "blems", now they're passing them off as first line retail stock? Talk about no shame. Very shoddy business practice.
        Mine does not have a slant neck pocket. mayne it's the frets then, it doesn't buzz open.

Comment

I have a love hate relationship with mine, its looks damn cool with the transred finish. But the playability and sound aint the best...
          The first two ones i got had cracks at the neckinlay/socket, the third one made it but i liked the first one more, this one has fretbuzz as others have mentioned.

Im dissapointed in Jackson/Fender, the need to fix their quality check ffs.

edit: I took some pictures of the necksocket, is there something wrong with it ?
          Im no hardcore guitartech so please let me know.

edit: Crap, now when i look at the pictures, i can see a crack. didnt notice this before.

Picture with the crack showing.
          Last edited by Mick1234; 09-11-2007, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Those are (probably) just stress cracks in the clear coat. I realize that it sucks to get a new guitar and see those show up, but MANY guitars have the same issue.
            sigpic

Comment

Absolutely no problems with my dk2m until I removed the neck to send out for repair. (screw broke in headstock while installing allen key holder) I put a replacement on until the neck was returned, but in that time, mucked with the bridge. Now I have slight buzzing, but I think can be rectified by having a setup done. I needed no adjustments when I bought it as the factory setup was fine.

I paid 480.00 out the door brand new from GC back in December. No neck pocket issues what so ever.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I have four of the DK2M's and the single pickup version from Musicians Friend. I love all of them. All 5 are my main stage guitars.
                http://www.facebook.com/djloverboy

Comment

IMO: Cracks around the neck pocket are nothing to worry about, they're just normal wear of the wood that's there mostly for esthetic(sp?) purpose.

.... yeah tho, it sucks to get a brand new gtr and see "usage" flaws like this, like you bought it second hand on ebay or something.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Neck Cracks are common on fender style four bolt neck joints, its only asthetic if the crack ahsent gone past the finish.

It's just caused by change in temperature contracting the wood and this cracks the finish so it's quite natural...

Comment

Do you think some people are having a problem with their DK2Ms because they are older models and not the 2006 or newer ones?
                      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

I love mine. No neck pocket issues and sounds great. No fret issues or buzzing either. I own a DKMG, DR3, DK2S, DK2GC, and a plain ol' DK2 and the 2M is a better playing guitar than all of 'em...by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                          Do you think some people are having a problem with their DK2Ms because they are older models and not the 2006 or newer ones?
                          No such thing... the DK2M was introduced in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                            No such thing... the DK2M was introduced in 2006.
                            Really? Then is all this talk of "problems" due to QC issues at the Japanese Jackson plant?
                            "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Considering theDK2m is possibly one of the better selling jackson imports there are bound to be some issues with some of the guitars coming out...

Plus many of the qc issues i've heard of were about the rgf musicians friend run and not the standard dk2m...

plus how many of the dk2m's with problems were bough from guitar center or box shifters with no setup????

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                                Really? Then is all this talk of "problems" due to QC issues at the Japanese Jackson plant?

What does when the guitar was introduced have anyhting to with that? Like I said the DK2M began poduction in 2006. There is no such thing as 2005 or earlier DK2M as you stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X