WRMG Alder or Basswood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRMG Alder or Basswood?

There is a used WRMG I'm thinking of buying. It's an early model with EMG HZ pickups. According to the 2002 catalogue the WRMG is basswood and the 2003 catalogue says alder. Is there any easy way to figure out what year this was made? Alder happens to be my favorite body wood, I'm not so big on basswood though.

Check the MOAIP, newb!!!

J/K

Supply serial # and I'll give it a go
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

MOAIP ???

Thanks, I'll get the # ASAP.

Comment

Keep in mind that official Jackson catalogs DID contain errors, as did/does the official Jackson website. Unfortunately it has led to lots of confudion, especially when eBay seller for example just copy what they see in there for their ads.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Apologies for jumping in late on this, but it's something I wondered about. When I bought mine (in 2003) Jackson's website (the old one, of course) said WRMG was basswood, WRXT was alder. I've always been fairly convinced mine was basswood. So maybe the MGs never were made from alder, although I'm fully prepared to be corrected on that!

Comment

The new MGs are alder I believe... they weigh too much to be basswood imo. Someone should take the neck off theirs and see.

Comment

Working...
            X