DK2M single pup with ghost flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M single pup with ghost flames

The guitar sounded ok, but what REALLY impressed me was the reversed DK2 neck. FLAWLESS in its construction though the frets reaaaallly needed a polishing. I hope that's not the Jackson factory's way of doing them because it sucked. However there were no sharp ends and the binding and inlaying was perfect.

The guitar however wasn't that 'alive'. It'd have benefitted from a set of at least 10s or 11s... But the body just didn't seem that resonant to me.

The Floyd, whatever it was, didn't feel that great to me. I liked how the arm stayed in place... but the fine tuners were harsh and felt plastic. So... dunno. I'm a little disapointed.

Is the pickup a JB? Sounded like one. It had that big high mid spike which I didn't really like. The volume pot was well tapered though.

So great build, amazing looks... let down by the Floyd and wood quality. Shame, especially since over here they're priced at over 1,100 bucks.

Where are you finding it for $1,100?

http://www.music123.com/Jackson-DK2M...67427.Music123 - 599.00

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mes?sku=512249 - 599.00

I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy one from one of the above sites and have it shipped?
    Last edited by stevoc; 09-14-2007, 01:53 PM.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

With taxes, maybe. I'm not interested anyway.

The cheapest they are in the UK is over 500 British pounds. I think this one was 579? Something like that. That's actually closer to 1,200USD. It's just our prices over here, that's not bad.

Comment

Dont forget the DK2MRGF is a limited run and costs more than the regular DK2M, what I find funny is the people who complain the ghost flames aren't visable enough....

The Trem is the JT580 however I dont know if its the upgraded pro version or the standard one.

Did you buy it or did you just try it in store?

I think most guitars should comes tock with 10's most people use them and they give guitars a little moore oomph both my rans came with 10's

Damm I can't wait till I can afford a Cobalt Blue DK2M.

Comment

The flames looked fine to me... And yeah it's a bit more expensive, but not by that much... I think less than 100 pounds more.

I just tried it in store. I wouldn't buy it. For that price I'd want at least better woods. It was a very good guitar otherwise (except maybe the Floyd).

That's more money than I ever put in any guitar anyway... I think the most expensive one I have costs about half of it.

Comment

If they had a regular headstock, I would be very tempted!! It may not be the wood, most JB`s sound terrible in anything Also, a cheap trem could cause it to sound sterile combined with the middy JB. Alot of guitars have a very metalic tone with some combinations.

Jack

Comment

Working...
            X