RR5 Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 Routing

I heard that the routing for the electronics on an RR5 is under the pickguard. Does anyone have one that can confirm this? I'd like to take it off (I think it looks better without), but I'll obviously leave it if there is a big electronics cavity and all underneath it.

yes its true. there is a big bath tub under the pickguard. just like on the usa rr's. only the kevin bond rhoads and the rr24 are cavity free

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
      yes its true. there is a big bath tub under the pickguard. just like on the usa rr's. only the kevin bond rhoads and the rr24 are cavity free
      And the JS30RR, and RX10D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
        And the JS30RR, and RX10D.
        how can i forget them but he is looking for a pro series model so i wasnt thinking about any other series

Comment

All RRs with pickguards are front-routed.

Comment

Is there a reason that they do all the routing in front? Easier/cheaper probably?

Comment

It is the traditional way how pickguarded instruments are/were built. It started with the Fenders Broadcasters back in the 50s. They simply routed up everything from the front and then put a plate on to cover the routes.

It's probably a cost/efficiency issue too, like you say. If you're building an instrument with a pickguard, there is little reason to put another opening on it in the back.

Comment

Working...
              X