Anyone have a PC3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a PC3?

I have gotten real interested in these, but they are near impossible to find locally. I have yet to play one, but love the looks. Can anyone give me some info and comments on how they play, etc?
    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

I really liked my PC3 so much I decided I wanted a PC1 as well. The PC3 is a nice guitar. I switched the pickups out for real Duncans and loved it even more. It is one of the best sounding guitars I have.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I am thinking that will happen to me too. That is part of the reason I want to start low and go to the PC1 later. The PC1 is a lot of cash for a PT player, but damn, those are nice.
      "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

I still have my PC3... it's got a PC1 neck on it though.

The PC3 neck profile is similar to a DK2.
        I prefer the chunky PC1 profile better myself.

It also has an OFR on it now as well.
        -Rick

Comment

i've played a pc-3 a few months ago,nice guitar it's very similar to the dk2,as neck but it's less aggressive as sound

Comment

That is a stunning guitar and exactly what I am looking for. I don't mind the DK2 neck so that is no problem. What pup's come stock? Did they make a variant of this model? I had someone contact me today about trading what he advised was a PC3 for my Kelly, but the pics showed it had a rosewood fretboard and a pickguard. It had the same headstock as your guitar. I didn't bite.

or

Comment

i've never seen a pc-3 with a pickguard

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
                That is a stunning guitar and exactly what I am looking for. I don't mind the DK2 neck so that is no problem. What pup's come stock? Did they make a variant of this model? I had someone contact me today about trading what he advised was a PC3 for my Kelly, but the pics showed it had a rosewood fretboard and a pickguard. It had the same headstock as your guitar. I didn't bite.
                that's an old PS-7. Not a bad guitar by any means, but not a patch on a PC3
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
                  As others said, that was a PS-7. Hunk of junk compared to a PC3.

As for options, the only options offered for the PC3 were color choices.
                  They all came with Duncan Designed pickups. Not bad sounding either.
                  The early version had a Wilkinson trem and no signature on the headstock.
                  In 2000 they replaced the Wilkinson with a JT-580 and added Phil's signature to it.
                  -Rick

Comment

thanks - I just emailed the guy back and restated what everyone here has said. In terms of the PC3, was the production on these real limited or were they not that popular? Beautiful guitars, but like I have whined, you can't find them anywhere and not much information is available.

or

Comment

They were are regular production guitar, made from 1998 to 2001.
                      98-99 = Wilkinson VS-50 trem, 2000-2001 = JT-580LP trem.
                      Don't know why they were discontinued, but low sales volumes was most likely the case.
                      -Rick

Comment

i bought a pc3 neck and dig it. i've noticed that the neck moves a bit more than the others, but that's pretty much it.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        X