Scored a Stealth TH1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a Stealth TH1

I just picked what I'm pretty certain is a 1996 Stealth Professional TH1. I didn't find any pics of this model here when searching, so I figured I'd post some. It needs alot of attention (electronics, corrosion, etc.) but that's ok - working on guitars is a great stress reliever. The pups don't look like the Armstrongs that the catalog says it has - maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be packing a J92C. Nah, I doubt it... All in all though, not bad for the low low price of $110

I see why lots of folks here like these - the thin body is comfortable for sure.

nice one! I've always dug the satin finishes Jackson used at that time.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      nice one! I've always dug the satin finishes Jackson used at that time.
      Thanks dude - I like the finish too, it's growing on me.

Just looked and the pups are the Armstrongs (M213/M214). They sound pretty good, but I'm up in the air as to whether or not to keep them. I do have a minty chrome Schaller tho that will definitely be installed.

Comment

>> nice one! I've always dug the satin finishes Jackson used at that time.
        > Thanks dude - I like the finish too, it's growing on me.

So, the finish got dug, and then it grows back? wow, time to shave it again already
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Odd that the cavity covers are not recessed.Every stealth I've had they have been recessed and had the JH-2 pickups
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

my brother had a guitar like your,it was blue.nice guitar,very light,the bridge if it's in good condition it's okay and the pickups are not so bad.I don't understand why my brother sold it

Comment

sweet axe dood.
              I picked up a TH1 a few years ago at GC. Still has plastic on the truss rod cover. I prefer it over my Stealth EX.
              I really dig the stealth bodies. You don't see to many TH1's around. I don't anyways.
              They were not produced for very long though, which is probably the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan View Post
                sweet axe dood.
                I picked up a TH1 a few years ago at GC. Still has plastic on the truss rod cover. I prefer it over my Stealth EX.
                I really dig the stealth bodies. You don't see to many TH1's around. I don't anyways.
                They were not produced for very long though, which is probably the reason.

that of my brother was just like yours

Comment

Straycat: even the Stealth Pro (with mop Jackson logo and ebony fingerboard) had non recessed cavity covers.

Dpivar: cool guitar and a sahweet price too!
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

It's back in working order now - new Schaller, a black/creme ToneZone, other electronics work and a good cleaning. There's a black/creme Evolution in the mail for the neck, and I probably won't do anything with the mid route. I played it for an hour last night - this body style is great! My wife thinks it's ugly - hmph, whatever... Here's a crappy pic:

Comment

I have a blue TH2, which has the 3+3 SLS headstock and two-point fulcrum trem instead of the Floyd. I installed Wilkinson EZ-LOK tuners, had the humbuckers replaced with the GFS "Hex Overwound Metal" set, and stained the fretboard black with some dye from Stew-Mac. It turned out playing and sounding so good that I've been recording with it, and this is my third Jackson with the satin finish over ash.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                        I have a blue TH2, which has the 3+3 SLS headstock and two-point fulcrum trem instead of the Floyd. I installed Wilkinson EZ-LOK tuners, had the humbuckers replaced with the GFS "Hex Overwound Metal" set, and stained the fretboard black with some dye from Stew-Mac. It turned out playing and sounding so good that I've been recording with it, and this is my third Jackson with the satin finish over ash.
                        I've got a fresh bottle of Stew-mac's dye - that sounds like a good idea when I work on it again. Got any pics of the results?

Comment

Originally posted by dpivar View Post
                          My wife thinks it's ugly - hmph, whatever... [/IMG]
                          Heh,
                          my wife is actually the one that picked mine up for me. She saw me eyeing it in GC and a few days later she came home with it.

Comment

What wood is that? It looks as open grained as my homemade Bich.
                            While other's GAS, I'm thinking of making a maple body in that kind of
                            thin contour.I Guess I'm suffering from GBS (Not Gear Bull-sh**), Gear Building Syndrome. I love that shape.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan View Post
                              Heh,
                              my wife is actually the one that picked mine up for me. She saw me eyeing it in GC and a few days later she came home with it.
                              That is f'n cool - wish my wife was that way. On the other hand, she's cute and she's a gamer so it's all good

Comment

Working...
                              X