Question about Trans Finish DK2Ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Trans Finish DK2Ms

Hey guys, do any of you with a DK2M in a trans finish have your lower horn scalloped out. All the pictures I can find online look like it is not scooped out like the other Dk2Ms. Is this because of the maple top? I'm thinking about picking one up and I just want to know what the deal is. Thanks in advance.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Yeah it's got to be because of the veneer top. My DK-2S has a maple veneer and it doesn't have that little scallop. Any DK-2 I've had before (painted tops) had the scallop on the lower horn.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester View Post
      Yeah it's got to be because of the veneer top. My DK-2S has a maple veneer and it doesn't have that little scallop. Any DK-2 I've had before (painted tops) had the scallop on the lower horn.
      Yeah, I already have a white one with the scallop. I think I just might keep mine. I kind of like that scoop.

Comment

I just noticed something else too. All the trans finish ones have an extended fretboard like a warmoth not a full length neck. It may not be two full frets, but it is still extended some.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester View Post
          Yeah it's got to be because of the veneer top.
          Are you SURE?? I found this pic of a TB DK2M on the net.

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/medi...0664983234.jpg

Comment

If you want a non-solid finish, get an EDS or CS finish DK2M. They have the scalloped lower horn. And they look better IMO.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
              I just noticed something else too. All the trans finish ones have an extended fretboard like a warmoth not a full length neck. It may not be two full frets, but it is still extended some.
              Not too sure what youre talking about, but 100% untrue. They all use the same necks.

As for the lower horn scallop, unfortunatley they dont do it on trans top guitars. Ive never found to to make much difference either way if its there or not though.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'd expect all DK-2/M necks to have a fretboard overhang. It's completely normal and not any indication of a "non full length neck". The Warmoth 24 fret conversion neck is another thing altogether.

Comment

All DK2's have the extension on the fretboard.... It's common on Jackson necks. You will notice the same on DK1's also.

As stated... Totally different than the Warmoth extension
                  Last edited by slash; 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Common on Jacksons or not, I still say it's not a full length neck. Hey , I bought one too, so whatever.
                    Last edited by Holy Diver; 10-01-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Common on Jacksons or not, I still say it's not a full length neck. Hey , I bought one too, so whatever.
                      How 'bout some pics then... lets see your short neck.

Comment

Mine is just a white DK2M that appears to be like the rest of them. I still don't like how the board sticks out like that. I was thinking of buying a USA DK1, but if it sticks out like that too then I don't know.
                        Last edited by Holy Diver; 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Mine is just a white DK2M that appears to be like the rest of them. I still don't like how the board sticks out like that. I was thinking of buying a USA DK1, but if it sticks out like that too then I don't know.
                          well i dont see the trouble the fret ends before the hanging part, i guess its just left there for construction speed ups.

Comment

Every bolt on pointy Jackson/Charvel neck in history is JUST like that. Theres nothing wrong with it what so ever.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                            X