Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy a DK2S ?

hey people
    my guitar teacher is selling some of his guitars .. one of them is a jackson dk2h in allmost mint condition. i rremember back when he got it he was showing off how cool the guitar is and i really liked it

the price is 500 dollars CANADIAN but he says he wants an answer as soon as he can because he'll list it on ebay for 700. when he said that it kind of sounded fishy to me...

but the guitar looks good no damage and im pretty sure its a real jackson
    i played it and it felt really good.. here are the specs was i able to notice

1 hum 1 single 1 sustainer
    says seymour ducan on the pickups not ducan designed
    has a sticker says made in japan.. black neckplane serial number starts with 7 and has a jackson logo

black hardware with floyd.. wasnt sure if its the real one or the cheaper vesrion, didnt look. colour of the body is black with lines i think its called transparent black

it feels great and i think its not fake, it also had all the stickers on the body that show what each switch does back in the day when he bought it

i dont play in a band, i already have a dk2 and a fake les paul.. i just play for fun by myself or with friends
    should i pull the trigger? 500 bux is a nice price
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

It's legit based on your description.
    500 CAN is not bad at all.
    -Rick

Comment

Go ahead and let him list it on eBay, he wont get ANYWHERE near $700. Id offer him $400. Theres two on eBay for $400-$450 right now. http://search.ebay.com/search/search...dk2s&category0=

And dont forget, the Cad. $ is basically the USD now so the exchange rate wont kill you.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

500 doesn't sound too bad considering the ones on Ebay will cost a bit to ship. I would try to talk him down a bit but I would still buy it. Maybe work a deal for a free couple lessons if he won't budge on the price.

Comment

well its a school of music so i dont pay him im paying the school
          i went to my local guitar shop.. 700 dollars new and his is 500 allmost new, he played it only a few times

rather buy it from him
          kick ass guitar
          If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

the price is 500 dollars CANADIAN but he says he wants an answer as soon as he can because he'll list it on ebay for 700. when he said that it kind of sounded fishy to me...
            uh, why does that seem fishy?
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
              i dont know it just did
              well im not an ebay user so i dont really know how it all works

i decided to buy it, gonna have it next weekend
              any tips/tricks/advice on this guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                Because you can get a brand new one for $700. There's no way he'd get that on ebay - even if it is mint, it's still used. It just sounds like high-pressure sales tactics, which I hate! And the fact this guy is his teacher and trying to pressure him kinda bothers me too.

Michael - looks like you went for it, congrats! I have played these in stores and they are sweet guitars (playing and sounding). The sustainer is cool as hell
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                  Because you can get a brand new one for $700.
                  Does Jackson still make the DK2S model? I thought I read somewhere that it was discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                    Does Jackson still make the DK2S model? I thought I read somewhere that it was discontinued.
                    hmm all stores seem to still sell it and the price didnt drop
                    i dbout they'd discount the dinky

Comment

Here's mine...picked it up for $500 and change new. Didn't get my choice of colors but wtf. I also installed an Original Floyd Rose.

------------------------------------------------
                      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester View Post
                        Here's mine...picked it up for $500 and change new. Didn't get my choice of colors but wtf. I also installed an Original Floyd Rose.

you didn't get your choice of colors bro, but imo (trans blue) is the choice color.

Comment

that trans blue looks awesome!

alright i have a few questions on how it works...
                          the neck pickup is the sustainiac but does it function like a regular neck pickup as well? also, lets say im in middle pickup position and i turn the sustainer on, does the sound stay in the middle position?

Comment

+1 to jaydog, the trans blue would be my choice too! Just curious, wicked_lester, what color would you have preferred?

Michael - from what I understand, when the sustainer is off, the neck pup works like a regular, passive neck pup. I think the sustainer works from any pup position, i.e. if you have the middle or bridge pup on and turn the sustainer on, you get the sustain effect.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My preference would be...

... And that one's mine
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X