Fusion Pro (radiant Pearl Red)90/91 Model Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
    They are very close in resenblance except the DK2 has 1vol/1tone.
    And aren't the Fusion Pro's a 24 fret 24 3/4" Scale??

The quality of those two guitar can not be compared..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
      The quality of those two guitar can not be compared..
      Please elaborate, I'm not familiar with the Fusion's having never owned or played one, so I can't say.

My DK2 has an Alder Body,Seymour Duncans, the quality, and the build is very nice. I already have a black OFR on the way, so I'd say that it's pretty much good to go from my stand point.

The Fusions were also an Import weren't they?
      What's so different about them?
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I looked at the catalog scans and did a comparison between the Jackson Fusion Pro and the current DK2. Here's what I came up with. If I made any mistakes, please correct me. (Not trying to hijack here, so I apologize in advance.)

Fusion Pro (1990-92)---------------------DK2(2007-08)
        Body:Basswood (optional maple top)------Alder (optional maple top)
        Scalloped lower horn on solid colors-------scalloped L-horn on solid clrs.
        Neck: Maple/bound Ebony----------------Rock Maple/bound Rosewood
        Inlays: Sharkfin (moto?)------------------Sharkfins (moto)
        Logo: Jackson MOP (?)------------------ Jackson Silkscreen
        Frets: 24 Jumbo--------------------------24 Jumbo
        Scale: 24-3/4"---------------------------25-1/2"
        Bolt-on neck-----------------------------Bolt-on neck
        Thickness: 19mm(@1st)21mm(@12th)-----18.669mm(@1st)20.574mm(@12th)
        ------------------------------------------(.735)----------(.810")
        Controls: 1vol/1tone/5way/---------------1vol/1tone/5way
        JE-1500 Active Mid Sweep
        Pickups:
        Bridge: Jackson J-50B---------------------Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB
        Middle: Jackson J-200---------------------Seymour Duncan STK-1
        Neck: Jackson J-200---------------------Seymour Duncan STK-1

Hardware: Black--------------------------Black
        Bridge:JT-590 Liscened Floyd recessed----JT-580 Lo-Pro Liscened Floyd recessed
        Nut: Locking-----------------------------Locking

Colors:CB,CS,BR,MB,TR,TA,TB,PW---------Black,InfernoRed,TransBlue,TransRed

**Not sure what the color codes translate to for the 1992 Fusion Pro? Maybe someone can help out and decipher them?
        From Jackson/Charvel Catalog 1992-Volume 1:
        CB- Candy Blue
        CS- Cherry Sunburst
        BR- ??
        MB- Midnight Black, or Metallic Black ??
        TR- Transparent Red
        TB- Transparent Blue
        PW- Pearl White ??

*Fusion Pro colors from the 1990-91 Catalogs: Midnight Black, Ferrari Red, Metallic Black, Candy Blue, Snow White Pearl, Radiant Red Pearl, Transparent Amber, Transparent Red, Transparent Blue, Cherry Sunburst.

**Other than the Scale Length, MOP logo, Ebony board, Body wood, and the Active mid control, I'd say they are fairly comparable to me spec wise, now this is going by what's on paper.
        After reading up on the Fusion Pro, I think it's pretty cool, I'd actually like to have a short scale Jackson sometime.
        Not trying to prove a point or anything, this was all done for fun and hope the specs help people out a little bit?
        Last edited by metalchurch79; 08-25-2008, 02:29 AM.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven

Comment

I have 2 Fusion Pro's. The inlays & logo are without question MOP.

Re: Pretty the same spec wise- The trems are different. I have nothing against the JT-580, but the JT-590 is a better bridge IMO.

They are comparable in many ways. Then again, so is a DK-1 & a DK-2. Same axe, different specs, and different "build quality" I suppose.

I had a brief affair with a DK-2 and found it to be a very, very solid instrument. It really couldn't hang with my 90's Fusion Pros, tho. Others might play it and find the DK-2 more to their liking.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            I have 2 Fusion Pro's. The inlays & logo are without question MOP.

Re: Pretty the same spec wise- The trems are different. I have nothing against the JT-580, but the JT-590 is a better bridge IMO.

They are comparable in many ways. Then again, so is a DK-1 & a DK-2. Same axe, different specs, and different "build quality" I suppose.

I had a brief affair with a DK-2 and found it to be a very, very solid instrument. It really couldn't hang with my 90's Fusion Pros, tho. Others might play it and find the DK-2 more to their liking.

Vass
            Vass, thanks for clearing the MOP inlay and logo questions up!
            Yeah that's gonna be the case with alot of Jackson's: Comparable build quality, and components, but every player will prefer one over the other. The scale length in this case will be a major deciding factor.

I always wanted to take an Epiphone LP bolt on and put a Fusion neck on it, a Kahler, or Floyd, and re finish it. I think that would be cool. Has anyone ever done that?
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              I always wanted to take an Epiphone LP bolt on and put a Fusion neck on it, a Kahler, or Floyd, and re finish it. I think that would be cool. Has anyone ever done that?
              A 22 fret Gibson neck with a 24 fret Jackson?

I won't say it isn't going to work, but I'll be very surprised if it does without a lot of modification, including the possible loss of the neck pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                A 22 fret Gibson neck with a 24 fret Jackson?

I won't say it isn't going to work, but I'll be very surprised if it does without a lot of modification, including the possible loss of the neck pickup.
                Sorry, forgot to mention that I'd remove the neck pickup and relocate the bridge, perhaps a 7330 Kahler Flatmount.
                I think maybe some mods to the neck heel and re drilling the bolts, you'd might actually get away with keeping the neck pickup, and just have to relocate the bridge to get it back @ 24-3/4"? I always take out and fill the neck pickup cavity anyway.

That's a good question though, wonder if anyone's done that before and what mods they had to do just to bolt the neck on and that's it?
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                X