dk2m neckpocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dk2m neckpocket

Is it supposed to look like this ? i mean tilted like that ?fatter on the right side and then turning thinner to the left. (sorry for my choice of words,english is not my main language)

And compare this side

To this side

Why im asking is beacuse ive read that lots of dkm2 has problems with their neckpockets, and mine has some fretbuzz which has been there since i bought it, even with the frets in good condition.

ummm..i think this thread belongs to import jacksons.

Comment

Definitely check the imports section. It's been heavily discussed and a few fixes addressed.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ops put it in the wrong section, sorry,

I´ve searched the forums but i didnt find any reasults.

Comment

Here's a thread.

Comment

actually thats normal...the low E sits lower than the high E so the Floyd posts can be adjusted level (in other words, the neck compensates for the difference in thickness of the high and low Es...kinda like how the low E saddle on a vintage trem or hardtail is higher than the high E saddle).

its normal...both my Jacksons are like this (DX10 and RR3). i thought it was weird at first but after i thought about it and checked out a few other Jacksons i found it was normal.
            My metal band Lucian Scott
            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

hmm, none of my Jacksons or Charvels are like that. I had a dk2m and the neck was so uneven that the trem was adjusted crooked to compensate. I returned mine. That one doesnt look so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                actually thats normal...the low E sits lower than the high E so the Floyd posts can be adjusted level (in other words, the neck compensates for the difference in thickness of the high and low Es...kinda like how the low E saddle on a vintage trem or hardtail is higher than the high E saddle).

its normal...both my Jacksons are like this (DX10 and RR3). i thought it was weird at first but after i thought about it and checked out a few other Jacksons i found it was normal.
                Ive owned two Charvels, a 375 and a 475 they both didnt have this problem, they where very both very easy to play.
                But my DK2M feels very akward to play and sounds dead compared to my old Charvels, which i sold unfortunately.

hmm, none of my Jacksons or Charvels are like that. I had a dk2m and the neck was so uneven that the trem was adjusted crooked to compensate. I returned mine. That one doesnt look so bad.
                True, yeah my doesnt look as bad as those i saw in the thread thats linked here.
                But still, theres something wrong with it, will try to return it for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                X