Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple new import Jackson ideas (more ebony!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple new import Jackson ideas (more ebony!)

Ok so I thought about what would make an import sell good meanwhile not interfering with the USA sales and came up with a couple ideas..

First of all from what I can see there are 3-4 features that make Jacksons desirable.

1-) The body shapes
    2-) The headstock
    3-) The sharkfins
    4-) Ebony boards

Imo ebony board is one of the features that make Jacksons desirable. MAple fretboards do look good also but they are not as metal and rosewood boards are just boring imo And I'd like to see more ebony boards in the Japanese line other than the signature series.

So then I thought I should put these features in an import jackson to create a desirable Japanese Jackson.

Since there's only 1 bolt-on model in the USA select line (DK-1) I can state that a bolt-on jackson is most likely japanese and will not interfere with the USA sales, mother of pearl sharkfins and the ofr are 2 other features that differentiate USA Jacksons from most of the Japanese ones.

Finally I came up with these ideas:

"KVMGT" (bolt-on, emg 81/85, ebony board with moto sharks, neck and headstock binding)

"DK2R" (jt580lp trem, reverse moto inlays, neck & headstock binding and maybe matching headstock )

These are 2 guitars that will be good to have in the import line with those 4 features that make Jacksons desirable, and they don't have the USA select features. Besides they will increase the number of high end Jackson options for those who prefer bolt-ons over neck-thrus..
    Last edited by NextInLine; 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM.
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

I would buy the King V for 2 reasons.

Its string through, and its looks awsome

Comment

i always say that mg series should have more body options. dinky and warrior is not enough. there is no king v in pro series so it would be coolest thing ever. but maybe it can be cooler with trem

Comment

Great ideas, kardes!

You know I like that KV!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i'd get that dinky!

in my opinion it would look better with a white strat headstock
          If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

I like the KVMGT idea
            Bindings and ebony should be standart, that's true!
            Time to knock LTD out!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Great ideas, kardes!

You know I like that KV!
              Thanks kardes! Glad you like 'em

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
              I like the KVMGT idea
              Bindings and ebony should be standart, that's true!
              Time to knock LTD out!
              Yeah, when you have sharkfins binding is a must..
              Ebony + sharkfins + binding = killer
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I like the ideas overall, but putting ebony on a midrange import...it's just a waste of good wood, if they're only going to put MOTO inlays into it. The inlays are going to look cheap, and that will cheapen the overall impression anyway. You'll want real MOP on an ebony board.

Comment

Is this going to turn into "I'd buy a dk2m if it had an ebony board, mop, binding, neck thru, real floyd and rhoads body shape" type of thread?

I want a 7 string neck-thru king v with binding, reverse hs, no inlays, ebony board and a single pickup. Familiar anyone?
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    The inlays are going to look cheap, and that will cheapen the overall impression anyway. You'll want real MOP on an ebony board.
                    Hey, then just do no inlays, like the old RR2. That'd be cool. Or piranha inlays, like the WRMG.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would think about buying the KVMGT-idea.
                      This would be a good step in the right direction. Create a new midrange line like that and discontinue the cheap low-end stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                        Is this going to turn into "I'd buy a dk2m if it had an ebony board, mop, binding, neck thru, real floyd and rhoads body shape" type of thread?

I want a 7 string neck-thru king v with binding, reverse hs, no inlays, ebony board and a single pickup. Familiar anyone?
                        I'm just stating facts here. MOTO sharkies on ebony would look like...uhh...dirt on a cake. Or something.

Comment

I'm just stating facts here. MOTO sharkies on ebony would look like...uhh...dirt on a cake. Or something.
                          Well it may not work for you but I'm sure it will work for most of the people.

Having sharkies is much better than having piranhas,dots and having no inlays at all even if they are moto. Like I stated that's one of the very few aspects that created the Jackson characteristic. So moto or not I'd go for it
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

MOTO sharkies on ebony would look like...uhh...dirt on a cake. Or something.
                            Not really, i've seen several rosewood boards tainted black with moto sharkies and they looked very decent. a lot better than dots anyway
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I wasn't questioning what you said, in fact I agree. I'd prefer no inlays over moto sharkies.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X