Dkmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dkmg

do any of you own or played a dkmg and have any likes/dislikes for this guitar.

Originally posted by jaydog View Post
    do any of you own or played a dkmg and have any likes/dislikes for this guitar.
    Like this?

My only dislike right now is the EMG HZ's seem to suck the tone out of it.

Comment

I put a dkmg neck on a modded ps2 body, i really like it. Couldn't say for the body, but it looks like a regular dk2 with a pair of emg's.

I saw one exactly like that at a pawn shop a few months ago. Didn't have the chance to try it out tho.

.... always wondered why dinky necks have nearly all the front of the heastock bindings covered by the black plastic. On a dk2 neck i scraped off some of the plastic to expose more of the binding, & it looks a lot better.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
        .... always wondered why dinky necks have nearly all the front of the heastock bindings covered by the black plastic. On a dk2 neck i scraped off some of the plastic to expose more of the binding, & it looks a lot better.
        Probably to entice us to buy a USA version. LOL

I'm way too nervous to do any scraping.

Comment

Dislikes: Piranha inlays. Needs same neck as the DXMG.

The EMG HZ is not a bad pickup, I have them in my WRMG (which I hasten to add needs a DK2 neck), but they're weak in comparison to actives.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

The EMG HZ is not a bad pickup, I have them in my WRMG (which I hasten to add needs a DK2 neck), but they're weak in comparison to actives.
            I guess I compare everything to my KV2 which probably isn't fair, but I was thinking of either putting active EMG's in the DK instead of the HZ's or putting the same pickups as the KV2 in there. I think they are JB Duncans. The HZ's just seem flat compared to the JB's.

What's your thoughts on this idea?

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. The JB in my DK2S is much brighter and louder than my HZ'd WRMG.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

i like the sharkfin inlays as well, the piranha inlays look cheap.

Comment

Piranhas are cool, at least they're better than stupid boring dots.
                  When the guitar is hanging (vertical) the 12th and 24th fret ones look like evil pair of eyes
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Agreed. But after years of owning a WRMG, I've come to see the piranhas as bland. Not as naff as dots, but still bland to me. Give the WRMG Sharkfins, carved top body and the Blue Cobalt Swirl of the DKMG and I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'm heading for a WR1.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

When the guitar is hanging (vertical) the 12th and 24th fret ones look like evil pair of eyes
                      It would look a hell of a lot better with MOP piranhas and an ebony FB. In fact, all Jackson necks do.

Comment

I didn't care for the tone on a few dkmg's I tried, but wasn't certain if the tone was muddy because of the EMG's or the rosewood fretboard. I am coming from using a dk2m constantly though, and I know the sound of the maple fretboard is much brighter than the rosewood. I know because I had to remove my maple neck for some repair work on the headstock and bought a rosewood neck to replace it with the intent of selling the maple neck once returned. I ended up selling the rosewood fretboard neck and kept the maple because it sounded so much brighter.

I'd like to hear the EMG's with a maple neck and see the difference.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I have a DKMG in Cobalt blue but I can't say how it plays 'causes it's just a body and pickups but when I get a neck for I think I'm going to like it. I'm putting in EMG 81's in the front and back it's going to be the best guitar I own.

Comment

now you are scarring me away from the guitar. evil pair of eyes, i wouldn't know if i should play it or run from it.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                            X