Firebird snatched from the flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird snatched from the flames

OK just when I was starting to think there were no guitar deals to be found on Feebay anymore, I won this baby. It's a Jackson Professional Firebird, which was listed by a pawn shop as a "Jackson Professional 6 String Electric Guitar Teal". Nowhere in the auction did it say firebird. $253.5 shipped! Of course, it's actually the "mint green" color. It arrived with some grime on the body and some finger cheese on the board, but once I cleaned it up, I couldn't believe how good the condition was. Everything is in perfect stock condition, and she took a setup with 10 gauge strings beautifully.

awesome steal man!
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

that is nice lookin', any idea on the rarity factor?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I believe the Japanese versions were only made from 1995 - 1997 or so.

Comment

holy mother of god, that is great!!!

if you ever wanna sell it, PM me.

I almost cried when I read what you paid for that...
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            holy mother of god, that is great!!!

if you ever wanna sell it, PM me.

I almost cried when I read what you paid for that...
            Thanks! It's so much fun to play with it's baseball bat neck and 50's surf looks, I don't think I'll ever let it go.

Comment

Congratulations on a great buy, sweet guitar. Glad to hear someone is finding good deals out there.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

sweet, dude! I'll give you $260 shipped for it!

it's a shape that never appealed to me, but after years of being bombarded on the JCF by images of such cool examples by the likes of sully & Ken, I really, really dig them now. The Jackson ones, anyway.

congrats on nabbing a beauty
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  it's a shape that never appealed to me, but after years of being bombarded on the JCF by images of such cool examples by the likes of sully & Ken, I really, really dig them now. The Jackson ones, anyway.
                  word!! add to that the insanely awesome tone one of these produces on the crown's dvd and BAM, gas

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

This one has one nice advantage over the Gibby's: it is nicely balanced, i.e. no neck drop. The front strap button is actually on the neck plate, under one of the bolts. You can sort of see it in that third pic. At first, I thought that somebody moved it there, as I've seen people do that with X-series bolt ons. But, there was no tell-tale hole anywhere else on the body. Looks like that's how it was originally built, unless I am somehow mistaken.

Comment

Now that is the bee's knees.Uber cool IMO.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

wow! great score and what a nice guitar - love the color and all - VERY NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I don't think I'll ever let it go.
                            that's how I am too. I only buy what I love, and I keep them forever.

I'm just kicking myself that I missed that one on fleabay!
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                              that's how I am too. I only buy what I love, and I keep them forever.

I'm just kicking myself that I missed that one on fleabay!
                              Hehe, Axewielder: 1, dudes who flip guitars for profit on eBay:0. Yeah, you know who you are. But...I'm not going to name names or anything...*cough* ... carrguitar ... *cough*

Comment

Working...
                              X