Any love for the Ke3 Kelly???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love for the Ke3 Kelly???

My cheapo JS30 needs a big sister when I'm gigging...

Not that I don't like my JS30 (and it's stock except for the tuners) but convince me I need a Ke3!!! I'd love a real US made Kelly but doesn't have the budget for it right now...

So how is the Ke3 Kelly? How's the JB in the bridge of that guitar? I have another guitar with a JB and have a love-hate relation with that pick-up...

Waiting for your comments!!!

Rock on!
    Last edited by BenoA; 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM. Reason: Image not showing
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

i was never impressed with any Ke3s, they have a bad problm with neck diving.. no neck binding for $700, no thank you. if you get one get it used.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I've got a really old one, with no neck plate and reverse inlays back from 95-6 IIRC. I have never ever had a problem with it neck diving. My king v and rhoads liked to dive a lot more than the kelly. I like it, it has a really thick tone, the woods are different so the JB works well with it. I wouldn't get a new one, Jackson has more enticing models in the current line up IMHO.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I like the fact that it just has a volume and toggle. I wish Jackson would do more models like that.
        "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Here's my old one ....

I really hate Decals but this one had a huge gash in it when I got it. I really like it, a real solid guitar with no frill's control layout.

I'd get another one if the price was right.

Comment

I have one for sale in the classifieds with flat silver hardware and a dimebucker for 400. Great axe just working on some other projects...IE custom painted HX.
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoholicSlag View Post
              Here's my old one ....

I really hate Decals but this one had a huge gash in it when I got it. I really like it, a real solid guitar with no frill's control layout.

I'd get another one if the price was right.
              you should buy a dk2 neck and change that knob. it will look great

Comment

I like mine

neck heaviness can be cured by repositioning the strap holder, no big deal

Comment

The KE-3s I've had have possibly one of the thinnest necks on an import Jackson I've ever played (except for a Stealth TH-1 a friend had). The neck dive thing is a problem, but I guess it can be solved by a leather strap or repositioning the button. I never liked either solution so I just got over it

Comment

Or, just tie a floating balloon to the headstock
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
                      I like mine

neck heaviness can be cured by repositioning the strap holder, no big deal
                      Or use a leather strap. Kick ass kelly by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                        lmao...good idea..

Well, I think I should go out and buy a leather strap for my ke2...
                        the neck diving is not a great thing to have.

Comment

I liked my Kelly (KE3 2006 version) until an ex-girlfriend by the same name ripped me off and fled to the badlands Seriously though, it's not expensive to fix the neckdive problem, and it's a great shape body. What sucks are the small conrol cavity and the lack of binding on the neck and headstock.
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                            exactly what i do

Comment

I thought at the bolt-ons was perfect for the strap re-postion. I moved my to the top right screw on neck plate...solved all my problems.

However it was a huge pain in the arse still...that's why I stayed with my superstrats...
                              Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Working...
                              X