X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Js30RR or RX10D

Hello guys.

First let me say, GREAT SITE!!

I'm a beginner at 34 years old but bound and determined to learn to play. I've been practicing with a cheap washburn model but have always loved these Jackson guitars. I picked this model up on ebay for 230.00 advertised as a JS. I'm pretty sure it is a Jap made RX.

Specs: 22 jumbo frets, sharkies, licensed Floyd, no tone control only volume.
    serial # 99080002
    This thing really ripps from what little I know how to play. Any help on how to date it and model would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2007, 12:25 PM.
    Steve Kennington
    Charlotte,NC

RX10D, great guitars! Thats a mid-late 90's model because of the JT500 bridge. You can tell exactly when it was built by taking the neck off next time you do a string change... the date will be in the pocket and usually on the neck as well.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      RX10D, great guitars! Thats a mid-late 90's model because of the JT500 bridge. You can tell exactly when it was built by taking the neck off next time you do a string change... the date will be in the pocket and usually on the neck as well.

Thanks alot RobRR. good info. Quite a shredder for a beginner. Any help on how to get used to dbl locking trem system. Stays in tune well. No slippage at the nut and i've figured out these fine tuners on the bridge as well. My biggest problem is when I palm mute and how to stay off the dang bridge.
      Steve Kennington
      Charlotte,NC

Comment

Lots of people have this issue with floating trems going out of tune when they do palm-muting, but as far as i can see it's mostly due to pressing too hard or keeping your right forearm/wrist too tense.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

thanks delt. I think it's the tense issue. Just need practice I guess. I'm trying to stay away from my other guitar without the float to force myself to relax!
          Steve Kennington
          Charlotte,NC

Comment

I wouldn't buy a JS Series guitar unless I already had a Pro Series neck and a set of EMG's to install.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              I wouldn't buy a JS Series guitar unless I already had a Pro Series neck and a set of EMG's to install.
              not to hijack the thread....but how much would a better neck be for my JS30RR? I dont really have any problems with the one on it now, but after playing my WRMG, i do notice a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
                not to hijack the thread....but how much would a better neck be for my JS30RR? I dont really have any problems with the one on it now, but after playing my WRMG, i do notice a difference

from my limited knowledge, prolly bout half what you paid for the guitar.

another question. I was messing around with the p/u height and decided to take them out since there was no name on the face to see who the MFG was. No name on the backs just M213 on n/PU and M214 on b/PU.

I think these are Kent Armstrong P/U'S but no stamped name. Any help?

Also there was a yellow tag on the inside of the neck cavity that said name, quality, and date. It had an A for quality and 6/9/1999 for date. Could this be some sort of QA tag that would indicate the date it was made?

thanks again!
                Steve Kennington
                Charlotte,NC

Comment

Welcome to the site, from just down the road, in Columbia SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    Welcome to the site, from just down the road, in Columbia SC.
                    Thanks. Let's here it for some CROSSFADE!
                    Steve Kennington
                    Charlotte,NC

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      I picked this model up on ebay for 230.00 advertised as a JS. I'm pretty sure it is a Jap made RX.
                      I hate to disappoint you, but that is not a MIJ guitar. Japanese jacksons never had 8 digit serials. That is an Indian serial, possibly indicating 1999 as the year of manufacture. Also, japanese Jacksons have the manufacture date stamped directly to the wood in the neck pocket, not on a sticker.

It's hard to tell exactly what that is. It looks like an RX10D, but while early X-series were indeed being made in India, the black hardware makes me suspicious. You can always browse through the 1999 and 2000 catalogues over at http://audiozone.dk/ and see if you find a match for this guitar.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      I think these are Kent Armstrong P/U'S but no stamped name. Any help?
                      I believe you are correct on this. They are probably Kent Armstrong OEM Pickups. There is a japanese page somewhere that has good info on them.
                      Last edited by Sunbane; 10-21-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        I hate to disappoint you, but that is not a MIJ guitar. Japanese jacksons never had 8 digit serials. That is an Indian serial, possibly indicating 1999 as the year of manufacture. Also, japanese Jacksons have the manufacture date stamped directly to the wood in the neck pocket, not on a sticker.

It's hard to tell exactly what that is. It looks like an RX10D, but while early X-series were indeed being made in India, the black hardware makes me suspicious. You can always browse through the 1999 and 2000 catalogues over at http://audiozone.dk/ and see if you find a match for this guitar.

I believe you are correct on this. They are probably Kent Armstrong OEM Pickups. There is a japanese page somewhere that has good info on them.

You're right! Took the neck off for the hell of it to see and nothing there. the sticker was actually under the neck pickup. I think there are alot of owners out there with 8 dig serial #s who think they are MIJ. Thanks!
                        Steve Kennington
                        Charlotte,NC

Comment

I think you should save some more money and buy then a better guitar
                          Js-series kinda ruin Jackson reputation imo
                          Stronger than all!!

Comment

Working...
                          X