Looking for information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information

A few days ago my dad and I went to a shop and we found a pre-Fender Japanese RR3 in pretty much flawless condition (there's one chip about a couple of a milimeters wide on the lower fin, but no chips or even any scratches anywhere else). One of the employees there said it was made around 1996. I was just wondering what price these went for at that time, and how much it might be worth now or in a few years. The serial number is 9692084.

Anyway, we got it for $400.

depending on color I would say its about average for a price. Crimson swirl or graphic finish being a bit more.

As for appreciating I dont think you will see too much value change between now and the next 5 years.

Its a great player and you should take the time to enjoy it rather than use it as a museum piece!

Congrats on the score!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Pre Fender is a stupid, worthless term. I think you paid a bit much, especially if it had Duncan Designed pickups and the sometimes-poor chrome JT580. Worth maybe $350 now, and will be worth that in about 5 years too.

Comment

Mass-produced imports rarely go up in value, and in the case of the RR-3, "Pre-Fender" only means it's worse than the new ones.

I also highly doubt it's a 1996 model. I think the seller was just making a guess from the serial, and unless I'm misremembering things, the RR-3 debuted in 1997 with very different features (no pickguard and black hardware). You can check it out in the catalogue section at http://audiozone.dk/. I'd do it myself, but I'm on a public computer right now, and Henrik's site crashes the browser.

Comment

Pre Fender is a stupid, worthless term.
          I disagree. I would say it's 2 terms, which when combined in this way form a stupid, worthless expression

</smartass>
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by silentcrescendo View Post
            a pre-Fender Japanese RR3 in... serial number is 9692084.
            That ser # is a 2003 :ROTF:

So it's actually POST Fender Bwahahahahaha!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
              I disagree. I would say it's 2 terms, which when combined in this way form a stupid, worthless expression

</smartass>
              zing! Nice work
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                That ser # is a 2003 :ROTF:

So it's actually POST Fender Bwahahahahaha!
                we gotz are swelzs 'A a WINNAAAA
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Heheh cool guitar none the less, whats with all this rpe psot fender crpa the japanese jacksons are still made in the same place if anything theyve gone up a bit now with the pickup pgrades...

Ron once again shows his import knowladge is unsurpassed when it comes to jacksons!!!!

pics?

I'm not sure if that's a steal for us$ but it's not a bad price either...

Comment

Working...
                  X