I could use your help I think I have a DR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use your help I think I have a DR3

From what i researched before I bought the Axe it is a DR3. But I have been unable to verifiy the serial number anyware because it appears they do not track the numbers on the imported guitars. The Serial number is 9652736. Here is how the Axe looks reverse headstock and sharkfin inlays, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5 "scale two humbuckers duncan-designed. One volume, one tone, and a 3 way pickup Toggle switch not a straight inline solector switch like on my DK2. Reverse Headstock, Dinky body style, Licensed under floyd rose tremelo and a locking nut. Any help would be great it is a realy great Axe to play I am taking in in for a professional setup this week and adding EMG 81 and 85 to it so it it should sound really sweet than. Considering the Duncan design pickups sound Alright in it now.
    Dogueboy

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a '96 DR3 to me. And when you put the EMGs, put the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck... it's better like that!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ser # should be closer to '98 or '99

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jac...1998Page09.htm
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Really the 85 in the bridge I have always saw it the other way around. I was going to put 81,s in both spots but decide to go with the 85 as well.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

Comment

The only way to know for sure when a MIJ bolt-on guitar was made, is to take the neck off and read what the stamps say. I'd guess on 2000 or maybe even 2001.

Comment

I've tried an 85 in the bridge and definately like it more than the 81 you can easily swap around emg's though which is cool...

the 60a's a good pup too
              Last edited by ozzuk1; 10-23-2007, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. It helped me verify my thoughts on the guitar. Is there some kind of listing online for the Imported Jacksons all I could find is the list for the USA made guitars.
                Thanks
                DOGUE

Comment

Nothing online. Sunbane & I keep a list in our brains
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well I thank You very much for your Brains LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X