Need help on ID of jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on ID of jackson

need some help on ID and features. like what wood and pickups. also if this is a quality jackson and possible value. serial number is 302207 and the trem say it is made in germany. is the trem known as a good one or a cheap knock off. came with case

thanks guys here are some pics

1993 Dinky Reverse.
    JT-590 trem (Schaller) a good one.
    I believe the body is basswood.
    worth about $300 - $350
    -Rick

Comment

The model name is Dinky Reverse Professional. Early 90s. Made in Japan. Jt-590 floyd-rose made by schaller.

The neck is maple/maple and the body is basswood

The pups are probably j80s.
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

you beat me to it
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Nice intro, dude!

See ya in the Classifieds!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have the same trem. on my 375 deluxe and I love it. No matter how much use it gets, it stays in tune and fine tuning it is a breeze.
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Maple and reverse...Mmmmm
              Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Actually a DR5 93-94 Body is basswood no primer was used on these.J80 neck and J-something dual rail J-85 something like that.
                These are real players and have some killer tones.the necks are some of the best that came out of Japan IMO I have had 5 DR5's and all were outstanding quality.I have a 94 in purple with a maple /maple neck and it smokes.
                $300. $400 bucks is about right for a real nice one whsc.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

what intro? i have posted before. look at my join date it was in 2005. not sure what happened to my post count but this is not my first post lol.

thanks again for the information as i got this guitar cheap from someone who was needing some cash.

Since you guys are hitting me with the intro thing i will give it to ya.

i live in plano texas and this is my 3rd jackson. my first was a 80's Charvel san dimas, second was a RR1 and now this one. I have been playing for 20 years and have been a ibanez guy till the san dimas and i was hooked. i bought this new one for the fack i have played it off and on and it always played fantastic. when i got the chance i snapped it up. i play alot of 80's rock and classic rock with some blues and country thrown in. I currently play on a Peavey Stereo Chours 400 amp with a Digitech 2120 artist processor with a weaping demon wha pedal. love the combo but thinking about stepping out and trying the POD XT live.

thanks again for the information guys. you make it sound like this is a real quality piece that i will make a place for in the collection.

any other thoughts on this model? reviews and opinions welcome

Comment

I have this exact guitar, 1993-1995 Dinky Reverse in 'Stone' finish, paid $545 in 1993 for it. These have one of the thinnest necks on a Jackson and feels great. The bridge pickup is not liked by many people, complaints are that it is dark and muddy sounding.

1993 catalog scan:

1994-5 catalog scan:

Comment

i plan on running a Fred pickup for the bridge and a PAF pro in the neck. always loved that combo of pickups. the fred is just amazing for harmonics and the PAF pro has a nice smooth sound and when coupled together is for a very wide range of tonal qualities. i have based my sound off of them for the last 2 years

Comment

Man, now I'm hungry for some cornbread! Mmmmm, cornbread.

Comment

thats right cornbread is tasty and fillin'

Comment

Remember the diet thread Ron?
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Uh, no (pats giant belly)

Comment

Working...
                              X