Jackson Pro XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro XL

I just acquired a gorgeous 1994 Jackson pro XL. Its a H/S/S set-up. I'm replacing the bridge with a SD Full Shred, and the neck sc with a Lil Screamen Demon. My question is...what value is the stock tone pot? 500k or 250k?

I've never heard of anything called a "Pro XL". I'm guessing you're trying to describe a Soloist XL of the "Professional" series?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if the original pot was anything other than 500k. But it sounds like you're putting your favourite pickup combo into it (?), so why don't you go for the type of pot you have in your other guitars? A 250k pot will sound different to a 500k one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      I've never heard of anything called a "Pro XL". I'm guessing you're trying to describe a Soloist XL of the "Professional" series?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if the original pot was anything other than 500k. But it sounds like you're putting your favourite pickup combo into it (?), so why don't you go for the type of pot you have in your other guitars? A 250k pot will sound different to a 500k one.
      Sorry..correct..Its a 1994 Dinky Professional XL (not to confuse with the neck-thru Pro's). And the pots and wiring are so nicely done (comparable to the SL-1 I just sold) I really wanted to use the old set-up and just connect the PuPs to it.

And I'm throwing an A-8 magnet into the Full Shred...gonna sounds beastly!

Comment

That should be a good setup. I have a Dinky XL with a JB in the bridge, Li'l 59er in the neck and the Jackson middle single coil. You'll have to let us know how the Full Shred sounds in basswood. I have tried it in ash and poplar so far, and it's great in both.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
          That should be a good setup. I have a Dinky XL with a JB in the bridge, Li'l 59er in the neck and the Jackson middle single coil. You'll have to let us know how the Full Shred sounds in basswood. I have tried it in ash and poplar so far, and it's great in both.
          I already have a Full Shred in my Dinky Professional Reverse..and it sounds fricken great. I actually have the bridge model in both the neck and bridge, and its a great PuP. The A-8 magnet should give it more lower mids. I've tried: EMG81, SD Black-out, JB, PATB-1, SD Live-wire, SD Dave Mustaine set, and a Dimarzio Steve's Special, and the Full Shred is killer in basswood. Did not sound good in my maple neck-thru poplar wing Charvel 5a.

Comment

I have a 92- 93 Dinky XL with a flame top in cherry burst.Mine is a flat top body.I left the original pickups and installed an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit and couldn't be happier with the tone.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X