my new ltd rr24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
    The non-LTD models have black binding. Ironically on an Ebony board.

That's unfortunately the only thing keeping me from buying one.
    thats a bit crap
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
      The non-LTD models have black binding. Ironically on an Ebony board.

That's unfortunately the only thing keeping me from buying one.
      +1 on that bro. If it had white binding I'd be all over it. The white/black model is tits to me BUT needs proper binding color. Not sure why they chose black binding but it was not a good choice IMO.
      - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
        +1 on that bro. If it had white binding I'd be all over it. The white/black model is tits to me BUT needs proper binding color. Not sure why they chose black binding but it was not a good choice IMO.
        Dude.. offcourse a white binding would be better, but that's only cosmetic! A guitar for that price with such quality.. Is the binding seriously the only thing that holds you back?
        www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
        www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
        www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
          Dude.. offcourse a white binding would be better, but that's only cosmetic! A guitar for that price with such quality.. Is the binding seriously the only thing that holds you back?
          Yes and no. I'd have to swap that pickup out too hehe Not a fan of active pickups. But, since pickups are easily replaced and binding is not, that's the bigger thing to me. Sure it's only cosmetic, BUT why would I purchase something I think looks bad? And the particular part I don't like with this guitar is something that is damn hard to replace. Cosmetics aren't everything, but if I'm gonna shell out the money I might as well get something I like looking at too, right?
          - Adam

Comment

I guess they did the black binding because they needed to make it the "middle" range model. Cream binding would probably make more people buy it, and that is a reason for less sales of USAs.

If ya know what I mean...

Comment

As part of the Pro range, you also have the RR3 and KE3. Neither have binding in spite of demand, and I I think that's at least partly to entice people to buy a USA Select instead where "white" binding comes as standard. It might've been a good idea to do a bolt-on version of the RR24, so some people who want white binding can fit a DK2 or DK1 neck just as some already have with their RR3 or KE3.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

awesome pics tho :d congratz!!
                rhoads for life !!

Comment

Yes and no. I'd have to swap that pickup out too hehe Not a fan of active pickups. But, since pickups are easily replaced and binding is not, that's the bigger thing to me. Sure it's only cosmetic, BUT why would I purchase something I think looks bad? And the particular part I don't like with this guitar is something that is damn hard to replace. Cosmetics aren't everything, but if I'm gonna shell out the money I might as well get something I like looking at too, right?
                  And damn right you are but still, I couldn't leave it! Damn good guitar. If I buy a Jackson ('cause I simply don't buy other guitars) I really use it for rehearsals and gigs, so the cosmetics probebly count less for me
                  www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                  www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                  www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Jim at Advanced Guitar in Vegas will replace the binding for about $250. These can be had around town for under a grand, so with the binding re-done would still be MUCH less than a USA select but it would void your warranty. Also, don't know if they are getting rid of the RR5 with the pinstripe finish, but both Guitar Centers are blowing theirs out at cost. Just saw one Friday at the Summerlin GC for an incredible price.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                      I guess they did the black binding because they needed to make it the "middle" range model. Cream binding would probably make more people buy it, and that is a reason for less sales of USAs.

If ya know what I mean...

I can see where your' coming from on that, but that stops people like me buying a new one and waiting to find a nice KV2 or RR1 used. I don't make that much so I really have to spend cautiously.

Not saying a new Jackson is a cautious buy.

Comment

Nice!

Nice!

Comment

1 humbucker..1 Emg ..1 Floyd..what could a shredder ask for? Sweet guitar!

Comment

I would like Green bevels, and Cream binding. And then I would buy one. Or I could just save half a years pay and buy a custom shop.

Comment

Sweet
                              Get a gold floyd rose if you can and it'll look so much more badass

Comment

Originally posted by T_money419 View Post
                                Sweet
                                Get a gold floyd rose if you can and it'll look so much more badass

working on it :ROTF:
                                rhoads for life !!

Comment

Working...
                                X