Ok. Help Me Make Up My Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. Help Me Make Up My Mind

my local guitar center has two jacksons discounted down becuase no-one has bought them,everytime ive been in the store ive played the dxmg ,love it! last time i went i tried the dk2 for the first time and if it would been droped to D i think it would sound better.

can someone recommend one for me?

i play in my church youth group so i want nice cleans, i also LOVE death metal, so which is better for my needs?

Jackson DXMG Dinky $487.99
    -
    Jackson DK2 $487.99

thanks

You are going to get better cleans with the dk2. Does the DXMG have passive EMGs? those are a one trick pony- metal with not a lot of tone.

Comment

does the dk2 have chrome or black hardware?

either way the dk2
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I would say the DK2, it has a nice duncan set, unless, as SS said, if it has the chrome hardware, then it'll have the duncan designed. But still, the DK2

Comment

Id go with the DXMG. I find neck hums more useful than neck single coils, and single coils in the middle position are pretty much useless. Though, if it has Seymour Duncan pickups, not Duncan Designed, get it. Otherwise, get the DXMG... reverse headstocks rock.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Since you are a death metal guy, I think the DXMG is a better choice. I have had both of them and qualitywise I can say they were equal. My dxmg sounded better than my 2 dk2s and any other I have tried.. Besides it looks much more metal than a dk2 with the reverse headstock and dual hums

As for the pups you can always change them to whatever you like..
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by wes225225 View Post
              my local guitar center has two jacksons discounted down becuase no-one has bought them,everytime ive been in the store ive played the dxmg ,love it! last time i went i tried the dk2 for the first time and if it would been droped to D i think it would sound better.

can someone recommend one for me?

i play in my church youth group so i want nice cleans, i also LOVE death metal, so which is better for my needs?

Jackson DXMG Dinky $487.99
              -
              Jackson DK2 $487.99

thanks
              LOL! Some sale. Either of these go for around $300 on ebay. I bought a new DK2 on ebay for $287 shipped, but that was a few years ago.

As far as which guitar to get, I don't know if you can split EMG HZ pickups, but if you could, install a couple of push/pull pots and you are set. If not, you'll need pickups that can be split into single coils.

Comment

the dk2 is the see-thru blue maple veneer with black hardwear, but i have to say i think the dxmg plays better, but idk

Comment

ill have to decide when i go to it next time yupyup

Comment

I'm a DK2 fan, but you seem to be leaning on the DXMG for that church metal sound.

Comment

If the DXMG plays better, then get it. IMHO, its a better looking guitar and is the same quality. Also keep in mind, GC prices are flexible... find the right salesperson and save yourself some money. I bet you can walk out with that guitar for $400.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You can always change the pickups afterwards to something that has the coil split wires if you need single-coil kind of sounds.

Or if you're feeling brave, you can disassemble the pickups, take a soldering iron, and add them yourself i've done this successfully on a few cheap pickups myself.
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

DXMG. As pickup always get replaced by Dimarzios. But go for the playability
                          Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

well im sold. thanks for the commennts

Comment

Working...
                            X