Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good idea to buy a backup guitar same as main guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    After joining this board don't you know you can't just have 2.
    This board is awesome. You get a mix of old school guys and newer guys here. The les paul boards tend to have the older folks that grew up with the 70's bands, the esp boards..well...

Comment

Originally posted by minh80 View Post
      The les paul boards tend to have the older folks that grew up with the 70's bands, the esp boards..well...
      Ain't that the truth, I consider myself a Les Paul guy, but any board I ave been on are really high handed and dull

and the esp board is like being in a playground!

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
        Ain't that the truth, I consider myself a Les Paul guy, but any board I ave been on are really high handed and dull

and the esp board is like being in a playground!
        Just thinking about Jacksons keeps me young

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
          Just thinking about Jacksons keeps me young
          I know what you mean even though I'm in my late 20's. When I think of Jackson, I think of playing fast riffs and soloing. When I think of Gibson, I think of classic rock. Go figure..lol

Comment

I would get the same model as backup, especially since it sounds like you like all the features of your COW, but check out that Mako color, really cool

Comment

Its' a good idea to have a back up, since you never know when you might break a string! Doesn't have to be the exact same model as your main guitar though, just so long as it feels nice to play. No 2 guitars are exactly the same anyway as each one has a feel of it's own. But if it feels right....then buy it!

WhiteWolf
              I ain't no rocker!

Comment

My opinion only...Plan A I'd go for something different. I just bought a Charvel which is completely different to my RR1. I was surprised how much my playing changes when I pick up the Charvel, it made me think differently straight away. That opportunity to maybe go in a different direction is too good to miss. I'm still thinking about why I can play some stuff on the RR1 that doesn't feel right on the Charvel and vice versa. I'm only a hobby guitarist and my playing isn't very well developed so if you were gigging I guess your back up may need to be similar to you main guitar. Plan B go for the same/similar but better. Make your main guitar your back up!. I've had a Japanese Soloist Professional for 15 years which I still love but I bought an RR1 and my playing went up a gear.

Hey that's my first post done! Have fun.

Comment

Welcome Kendorob! I decided to return my COW dk-6, and get a Japanese Soloist instead and will have the Duncan Blackout on the bridge and an EMG 85 in the neck. It's also the same pickup configuration I have on my Les Paul, so overall it worked great!

Comment

I bought a Jackson Stars to back up my KV2.

Comment

I'd go for something a bit different for some variety. If you're going to spend a lot on a second guitar, why not make it something that you'll play when you're not in the mood for your main guitar, instead of just having one guitar you play all the time?

Comment

Working...
                      X