Floyd Rose Pro > My XL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Pro > My XL...

Well damn, I picked up a FL Pro for my Jackson XL...and the damn thing doesn't fit. The trem lines up perfect with the posts, but the base plate on the right side touches the body. My XL has a gorgeous black paint job with hints of metal flake (glitter almost) so I don't see myself hacking the trem cavity.

Looks like I need an Original OFR.

Just venting...

the string lock screws of the OFR will stick out past the trem route. if you want it to look clean, you'll need a schaller. + a schaller will have a better suited radius for Jackson's 12-16 compound radius.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
      the string lock screws of the OFR will stick out past the trem route. if you want it to look clean, you'll need a schaller. + a schaller will have a better suited radius for Jackson's 12-16 compound radius.
      Depends on the year his XL was made. Was the original trem a JT-580LP?
      If it was, and OFR will fit in there just fine.
      If it had a JT-590 or any other Schaller style trem, then an OFR won't fit.
      -Rick

Comment

Its

Its a 93 XL...and the stocker is a 580LP. Love the LP...hence why I went with the FR Pro...

An intersting side note. The sustain block on the stocker (a tek-something) was actually thicker than the sustain block on the Pro...though the Pro felt overall heavier...

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Depends on the year his XL was made. Was the original trem a JT-580LP?
        If it was, and OFR will fit in there just fine.
        If it had a JT-590 or any other Schaller style trem, then an OFR won't fit.

Comment

The Pro felt heavier because of the thicker base.
          There is a lot of metal there compared to a 580LP.

Since it was a 580LP, and OFR will fit in the route and the string lock bolts should not be an issue.
          It might not look as pretty in the route as a 580LP, but it will work great.

Here's a pic of my PC3 with a JT-580LP to OFR swap.
          OFR fits in there just fine... just not as pretty as I would like it.

-Rick

Comment

I thought the 93s came with the 590. Mine did.

Comment

Working...
            X