X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Put DK2 in layaway =)

YAY
    me so excited

played it for almost a hour and he had to tell me to stop, it can drop to d using the tuners on the trem and it doesnt lose its tune, great guitar

What happened to the other one you where going to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      What happened to the other one you where going to buy?
      some jerkwad bought an hour before i got there

Comment

I bet when he bought it he said "Yeah, I bought it before that choad Wes got here! Muahahahahahaha!"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wes225225 View Post
          it can drop to d using the tuners on the trem and it doesnt lose its tune, great guitar
          How is this even possible without a tremsetter?
          -Janne

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            I bet when he bought it he said "Yeah, I bought it before that choad Wes got here! Muahahahahahaha!"

Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by wes225225 View Post
              it can drop to d using the tuners on the trem and it doesnt lose its tune, great guitar
              Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post
              How is this even possible without a tremsetter?
              Floyd finetuners do have a full one-octave range. I used to use the low E tuner as a "poor man's D-Tuna", but it does put the other strings slightly flat when doing it. Though, I guess if he's dropping all of the strings down a step with them, there won't be too much of a problem.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah Toe, I ran into that problem before I figured it out. I never knew that it fouled with the other strings, and I'd drop d but be out all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Floyd finetuners do have a full one-octave range. I used to use the low E tuner as a "poor man's D-Tuna", but it does put the other strings slightly flat when doing it. Though, I guess if he's dropping all of the strings down a step with them, there won't be too much of a problem.
                  Yeah, they have the range. It was the 'not losing it's tune' part that struck my eye as changing the pitch of one string will surely affect the other strings. A whole step down on all strings though, never tried that. Oh well..
                  -Janne

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
                    Yeah Toe, I ran into that problem before I figured it out. I never knew that it fouled with the other strings, and I'd drop d but be out all over the place.
                    Just like with a D-Tuna, you'll need to block the trem or have it resting on the body to keep it in proper tune.

Comment

Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post
                      Yeah, they have the range. It was the 'not losing it's tune' part that struck my eye as changing the pitch of one string will surely affect the other strings. A whole step down on all strings though, never tried that. Oh well..
                      Now that I think about it more, dropping the pitch on all the finetuners would probably be a little screwy on a DK2 with a recessed trem... it would surely make the Floyd tilt back a tiny bit more into the cavity and make the action lower without having it properly blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Now that I think about it more, dropping the pitch on all the finetuners would probably be a little screwy on a DK2 with a recessed trem... it would surely make the Floyd tilt back a tiny bit more into the cavity and make the action lower without having it properly blocked.
                        Yup. And I doubt the trem would return to zero very accurately, being tilted backwards to the cavity. Not to mention the limited pull-up range. All in all, I personally wouldn't cope with those things. But that's just me.
                        -Janne

Comment

Working...
                        X