Dinky DK2S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky DK2S

Hello, I`m new to the forums so i`ll introduce myself first..
    I live in Israel(electric guitars and amps cost a fortune in here :< ) I`ve been playing for around 8 months, and I`m about to buy (probably today) a new electric guitar..

I`ve been saving money for a long time for this so I want this purchase to be really succesfull.. I enjoy metal, thats what I think I will be playing as soon as I can catch up with the speed for shredding.. favorite bands are Metallica and Megadeth if it clears things up..

But my problem is, I enjoy playing lots of other genres.. some of pink floyd`s stuff, guns and roses(especially solos) gary moore and so on.

I`m looking for a guitar that will fit it all and the guy at the local guitar shop told me that the DK2S was made just for me ~_~ IMA try that guitar today, but I want to know comments about it and how it fits my style, from people who obviously know better then I do.

I cannot buy the DK2 without the sustainer because it has DD pus (We dont have the 2007 models @ Israel).. and I have a nice discount at this shop if I buy the DK2S.. so please tell me if it will fit my needs... how does it sound on clean setting, mid gain, HIGH GAIN! , and if it has good value.

Thanks in advance, Helixirth.

If you use the Search function at the top of the page, you'll find lots of threads on this model (I've made a few posts of my 2006 DK2S). Whether it suits you for playing specific styles of music is really a personal preference. Guitars are expensive in my country too. You might wanna consider buying one, then later trading it in or sell on Ebay to get some of the money back to put towards another guitar if/when you feel the DK2S no longer suitable to your needs.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Welcome =)

Since you get a good deal from the store, i'd say go for it. If you don't like the sustainer, you can always take it out and put a normal pickup instead.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
      X