Jackson DK2M problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
    im now wondering why there arent Jacksons with the Low E side higher than the High E side if it were really a big QC issue. having the High E side higher on both my Jacksons, and seeing it on many other Jacksons and then figuring it being a playability feature just seemed natural to me.
    The neck sitting in the pocket should be equal on both sides. If you want the high or low E strings lower or higher, you'd adjust the bridge for that.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ok, I took some shots of the Dk2m...

This shot shows the imperfect neck pocket. One side is longer than the other. Which inturn theoretically would mean the neck is tilted more on one side than the other. BTW, my DK2T also has this "imperfection" but plays like a dream.

however, this shot with the camera sitting on the body shows that the neck is perfectly flat with respect to the body.

Like I mentioned before, the difference between the high and low sides was if a dunlop Jazz III pick which is 1.38 mm thick can slide easily under one side of the fretboard overhang than the other.
      Sam

Comment

That's not an "imperfect" neck pocket. It is a contoured heel and is supposed to be that way. Just like these Warmoth guitar bodies:

Comment

Originally posted by Surfgreen View Post
          That's not an "imperfect" neck pocket. It is a contoured heel and is supposed to be that way.
          +1. I can't see anything wrong in any of those pics. The contoured heel is supposed to make fretting easier over the highest frets.

Originally posted by emperor_black
          however, this shot with the camera sitting on the body shows that the neck is perfectly flat with respect to the body.
          If the neck is sitting flat in relation to the top of the body, then there is nothing wrong with your guitar.

Comment

Those pics show nothing wrong with the guitar. I think he may have misunderstood the problem I had with mine about the high E side sitting up. It didn't have anything to do with the contoured heel. I wish I would have saved those pics. I could have probably slid about 3-4 dunlop jazz picks under the space mine was sitting up, it was pretty bad.

Comment

On the Dinky, the fretboard extends out past the neck by a half inch or so. If this half inch of fretboard is warped, then one side could be closer to the body than the other side. Or in the case of what most seem to be witnessing, the high E side is higher than the low E side. Well, this could be one possibility. Or, it could be a worse scenario with the neck is not seated properly in neck pocket causing one side to stand up higher. In any event, as with anything that is engineered or designed, there are tolerances and the measurements are either within tolerance or they are not. It is QC's job to determine this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                If the neck is sitting flat in relation to the top of the body, then there is nothing wrong with your guitar.
                Yes, I see nothing wrong with my guitar. Probably, I did not understand the problem right. Sorry.
                Sam

Comment

Welcome to the club!
                  Mine dk2m have been a nightmare, this is my third ex and its currently been shipped back to Fender/Jackson.
                  I wish i never bought it, should´ve just bought a used Charvel or older Jackson model.

Comment

I don't understand why Jackson isn't doing a recall to fix the problem. They have to know that this is a large scale problem that has been causing customers problems and makes the company look bad. Jackson makes great guitars but they definately dropped the ball on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick1234 View Post
                      Welcome to the club!
                      Mine dk2m have been a nightmare, this is my third ex and its currently been shipped back to Fender/Jackson.
                      I wish i never bought it, should´ve just bought a used Charvel or older Jackson model.
                      One of the selling points of a Dinky is that they are manufactured in Japan and not Korea or China. We typically like to think that being made in Japan relates to higher quality. I wonder what is going on with the plant over there that so many people seem to be having troubles with their DK2M models? I have a DK2 and I don't have any major issues with it. However, when I bought it I didn't realize the screws that fasten the tuners to the headstock were not screwed in all the way. It was, of course, an easy fix with a screwdriver, but still things like that should be caught by QC. Hell, the worker who put the tuners on should have done a better job in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by damon1 View Post
                        I don't understand why Jackson isn't doing a recall to fix the problem.
                        why do u think guitar center is selling them off at clearance price and even pulling them out of their online inventory? Its being discontinued. Whatever changes they did to their production line to get the dk2m out, did not work or it was too expensive to build them at the price they were being sold, or too many qc issues. those are the major reasons for a discontinuation.
                        Sam

Comment

not liking what i'm seeing here guys. I've got a white bengal on the way. I'll look for this issue imediately when I get it. Thanks for the heads up!

Here is a couple photos. Hope all is well with this bad boy.

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-24-2007, 04:36 PM. Reason: photo
                          Steve Kennington
                          Charlotte,NC

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            why do u think guitar center is selling them off at clearance price and even pulling them out of their online inventory? Its being discontinued. Whatever changes they did to their production line to get the dk2m out, did not work or it was too expensive to build them at the price they were being sold, or too many qc issues. those are the major reasons for a discontinuation.
                            Again, GC is only discounting the red and black, all other colors are not marked down. It is also not problematic to just the red and black DK2M models. I have also not seen them being pulled out of inventory, where did you see this? I just checked three different stores online including GC and they are still in stock for sale listed at regular price. These guitars are not being sold as blemishes, 2nd's, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              not liking what i'm seeing here guys. I've got a white bengal on the way. I'll look for this issue imediately when I get it. Thanks for the heads up!

Here is a couple photos. Hope all is well with this bad boy.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...hitebengal.jpg
                              I love those bengals, cool guitar. I wouldn't worry about the problems I and others had, just check it out when you recieve it and if it's not right, get a call tag and have it sent back for a refund/exchange. I had zero problems returning mine. Just be optimistic that yours will be golden.

Comment

Originally posted by damon1 View Post
                                I love those bengals, cool guitar. I wouldn't worry about the problems I and others had, just check it out when you recieve it and if it's not right, get a call tag and have it sent back for a refund/exchange. I had zero problems returning mine. Just be optimistic that yours will be golden.
                                That's just what I plan to do. I bought from a company that havs a 45 day satisfaction guarantee. No re-stock fee and no questions asked. Also gave me another year warranty free!
                                Steve Kennington
                                Charlotte,NC

Comment

Working...
                                X