kelly std professional series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly std professional series

my last professional thread seemed to take a different turn so i want to add to the old thread. I can pickup a jackson kelly standard professional with a emg 81 for $200, is it worth it? the body does have some dings like a large chip on the bottom edge, scratches,etc.... looks played but not rode hard and put away wet. :ROTF:
    don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

pics

don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

Looks like a good deal for $200.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Looks like a good deal for $200.
        +1. My first Jackson (I think in '92) was a deep metallic blue Kelly Standard from Musician's Friend. I hated low-profile trems at the time and wound up sending it back. I kinda wish I'd kept it now.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Considering an EMG 81 lists for $124, retails for $99, you're not taking too big a chance money wise on the guitar itself

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Considering an EMG 81 lists for $124, retails for $99, you're not taking too big a chance money wise on the guitar itself

Vass
            Don't mean to hijack, but I've been hearing this price range a lot for EMGs. Where the hell are you guys buying them? The non-chain music stores around here have 81s and 85s for $65.
            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

$200 is great deal! Go for it.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                Don't mean to hijack, but I've been hearing this price range a lot for EMGs. Where the hell are you guys buying them? The non-chain music stores around here have 81s and 85s for $65.
                i got my 81/85 set for 120

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
                  i got my 81/85 set for 120
                  Yeah, I picked up my new KH21 set last year for $160 on ebay. Anyway, that is a good deal on the Kelly. Nice well built guitars. I saw one at a Guitar Show last week for $400 (which is pricey to begin with IMO) that was a little worn and missing the trem bar and nut locks, so you figure that would go maybe $350 on ebay fixed up and totally stock. Sounds like $200 is a good deal for one with an EMG, though I bet the neck pickup is disconnected.

Comment

For 200.00 I'd say go for it. I'm looking at one in dark green, used but not abused, a few dings but no missing paint, for 350.00. So I'd say 200.00 is fair price.

Comment

Working...
                    X