returned my COW dk-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returned my COW dk-6

It was a great sounding guitar, but I decided to return it. Reason why? Flawed!! I wanted to keep this guitar and thought to myself if the flaws still bother me, I'm gonna return it. Flaws are...paint chips around the neck joint area, file marks on the fretboard (some deeper than others), neck not centered straight with the strings..(low E has more room by the edge of the fretboard than the high E), dried glue spots next to the fret ends that I can't get off. Other small stuff was, volume knob was crooked, but was an easy fix, the screws that hold the battery box were not screwed in all the way. I decided to get the Sam Ash SL2H, the arch top soloist EMG version as I heard someone bought a Sam Ash (not the emg version) and loved it. Hope this one will turn out much better! The Japanese ESP M series had nearly the same features, but costed a few hundred more..so Jackson, please don't let me down this time, or I'll have to go the ESP route.
    Last edited by minh80; 11-19-2007, 07:15 PM.

Neck thing not a flaw just bad assembly.Dried glue take a razor blade and scrap it off.Screws not in all the way? You don't have a screwdriver?
    Not saying the flaws should be there but those wouldn't keep me from keeping it if I liked it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Neck thing not a flaw just bad assembly.Dried glue take a razor blade and scrap it off.Screws not in all the way? You don't have a screwdriver?
      Not saying the flaws should be there but those wouldn't keep me from keeping it if I liked it.
      +1
      especially if you really liked the sound of it
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Neck thing, I could not center it..its too far off. I still consider these things flaws as well as paint chips. Screws not all the way in..forgot to add that I fixed that. Dried glue on the fretboard, tried to razor one off, but somehow it won't come off, because it looks like its been finished or glossed over on the ebony. Fret board with file marks, I'm sorry but I won't keep something that isn't that great of a quality so why should I settle for less?
        Last edited by minh80; 11-19-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe the bridge is not center thats a possibility.I've had many guitars come to me with that problem never had one I couldn't center.
          If you are not happy with it by all means return it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, its one of those Tom bridges that's hard to work with when it comes to centering. I think I'll be happier with the soloist, had to pay more but I think it'll be worth it. Thanks though, Straycat!

Comment

Working...
            X