nice ps4 score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice ps4 score

just picked this like new ps4 up locally for $150 I don't think it was ever used, the guy said he bought it new as a floor display and he brought it home and put it with his like 150 other guitars in his collection. trying to get him to deal with a rhodes professional too.

don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Cool score!!

Comment

Good price and it's stock. Can't go wrong with that. When do plan to change the pups?:ROTF:
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

asap,lol. those pups don't sound horrible but would rather slap in some duncan's
        don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
        http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

pups yeah, but the bridge on that is a ROYAL piece of shit.

In anyway, you'll be happy with that guitar, especially the price you paid -- about 10 years ago i bought a used ps2 (my first jackson) for $500 canadian and it was the best deal on a guitar i ever had.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Good score; did you show him the other thread to talk him down from $225?

That bridge is not as bad as people say. Hit the pivots and knife edges with 3-in-1 oil every couple of months and it'll last awhile.

Not that an upgrade would hurt, but if you do, keep the old bridge and pickups. Because if you ever sell it, it's still a $150 guitar, with the stock hardware or with the upgrades. You just don't get your money back on stuff like that with a budget guitar.

But I dig my PS-2, you can't beat the Performers for bang for the buck!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              But I dig my PS-2, you can't beat the Performers for bang for the buck!
              Very true. I am using a neck from a PS-2 on a Dinky body and it's great. The neck is much better than I expected. It's very comfortable with a similar feel to my Charvel Model series guitars. Dude, that's one nasty score you got there. That thing looks like it's brand new. Have fun with it!
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Cool! I just got a used and abused (cosmetically) PS4 for 160 but it's awsome, I like the thin neck and the HSH, if you got a MIJ it was made in the same factory as the Professional series so it's not that suprising that it's good quality.

Comment

Outstanding!
                  Great score, the diligent work is paying off.

Comment

My ps2 had a shitty korean made neck (the thick bulky ones) so i changed it for a dkmg neck that i bought broken for around $80 and fixed. Much better now And the body is modded, pointy horns like an Ibanez Jem but beveled and more curved & pointing inwards.

So the bridge & middle pickups, the knob covers, and... i think the nut, are still "original" from the ps2
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                    X