Back up Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up Axe

I just picked up a DK2M from GC. I set out to buy a couple replacement pickups for my DX10 and spotted a diamond in the rough. I asked the store person to pull down a Jackson way at the top by the roof of the store. I quickly checked it out and realized that I was going to buy this new guitar instead. I figured for the price of two pickups I get a neck and body also. I can't believe I actually got this guitar for so cheap. I actually asked the guy if it was used. I kept thinking this must be some kind of mistake or something. This guitar is perfect and doesn't have the neck pocket issues I have been reading about. I changed the strings, removed a spring, tuned it and it plays like a dream. Only thing I noticed is that the neck is thicker than the DX10 but it sounds slightly better (must be the pickups). Serial #9776551

Also heres a shot of the 2005 DX10

While I was there I also ran across not one but two stone finish Jackson dinky rev. pros. Strange thing is the serial #'s one is 923844 with a maple neck and two hum. The other is serial # 300042 with a rosewood neck and one hum at the neck and a rail at the bridge. Can anybody explain the serial numbers on these?

55 views and no responses.

Comment

Sweet dude loads of people round here, love the dinky reverses especially the ones in stone finishes....

Forgot to add your two axes look sweet especially the dk2m!!
      Last edited by ozzuk1; 11-27-2007, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I really like the color of the DX, I also noticed the upgraded trem from the older models. Looks good how is the rest of the hardware?
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the serial number starting with 9 means made in Japan, not to make you regret your buy but those MIJ dinky reverses are considered very high quality and have a better trem (rebadged schaller) than the current DK2M, but you could always buy that too, and have it refinished bright yellow.

Comment

I would have got the two dinkys not the DK2M but thats just me.I like the Black DK2M best of all the so-so DK2M'sThe black sharkies ruin a cool maple neck
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I know I shoulda picked at least one of the stones up just was wondering about the serials. Funny thing is I used to own the maple neck stone about 10 years ago. I pawned it and it resurfaced last year at GC but it was in really bad shape.
              This year it's all fixed but they want too much for both of em.

The hardware on the DX10 is all just how I bought it. I have no complaints but I am not sure how it's gonna hold up for live performances so I got the back up just in case.

Comment

Nice find, its always good to have a backup guitar.
                Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Really nice DK2M

Comment

Working...
                  X