Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy wanting to say hello! Jackson DKMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy wanting to say hello! Jackson DKMG!

Hey guys, I have been visiting this forum for a little while and just wanted to say, "hello!" and post my new Jackson DKMG that I recently purchased. I have two Ibanez RG's as well but I am very impressed with the level of quality on this Jackson. I hope this is the first of a few Jackson purchases. I picked this guitar up at my local GC. The guitar when I got it had dead strings on it and a ton of smudges on it. I breathed new life into it with new strings, fresh battery, setup and general clean up. I swapped the EMG 85 into the bridge and put the 81 in the neck. I can get insanely low action with this guitar! I am very happy with this guitar and just love playing it.

Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
    Jackson Performer RR
    Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
    Fender Acoustic
    Blackstar HT-5 head
    Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
    Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Welcome. Good choice. I have one and did the pickup swap too.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow! Nice guitar, and welcome to the forum!
      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Welcome!

You're gonna be happy with that guitar. DKMG's have among the best bolt-on necks in existence.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Nice axe man .. welcome

Comment

Sweet guitar and Welcome

Comment

Congrats, I'm buying my son that same guitar for Christmas.
              ------------------------------------------------
              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Welcome! Good choice. Be warned. This forum accepts no liability for G.A.S, broken marriages, empty stomaches and empty bank accounts!
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Welcome! Good choice. Be warned. This forum accepts no liability for G.A.S, broken marriages, empty stomaches and empty bank accounts!
                  Can't have it any other way here..haha. To the o.p., glad you got yourself a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester View Post
                    Congrats, I'm buying my son that same guitar for Christmas.
                    He will love it! I can't stop playing mine!
                    Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
                    Jackson Performer RR
                    Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
                    Fender Acoustic
                    Blackstar HT-5 head
                    Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
                    Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Comment

Looks great, I just built one of those and can't wait to get it wired

Comment

Originally posted by johnmac99 View Post
                        He will love it! I can't stop playing mine!
                        Yeah he's definitely gonna love it. We just picked one up for him at GC yesterday. By the looks of it, they had just put the thing out on display...not a blemish to be found and the neck is perfect.

Gonna do a quick set up for him and stuff it in a gig bag. I think he's gonna have a great Christmas morning...can't wait to watch this one.
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Welcome. Good choice. I have one and did the pickup swap too.
                          Why swap the pups??

Comment

some people (including me) find the 81 too thin at the neck and when swapped sounds about 4 times as good
                            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

^ == you mean bridge?
                              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                              X