My 92 DKEX project(pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 92 DKEX project(pic heavy)

Having a hangover and got nothing better to do... so i thought id put some pics of my Jackson Project-ish guitar.

Got this of ebay for 106£+postage i think. The guy who was selling it bought it as a project guitar but never had the time to finish it.

When i bought finish was raughly sanded off. It had a really bad shaped pickguard on it and the pickups werent connected. It was a HSH configured guitar with 2 JS-5 humbuckers and a J-110 single pickup.

Since the pickguard was f****d ordered one of sims custom and finished the sanding job of the body.

Didn't bother using the stock pickups (im really curious how they sound at the moment to be honest) and got a Seymour Duncan Pearly gates for the neck position and a Custom Custom for the bridge.

Used a Seymour Duncan diagram so i could use the pickups as split/series or parallel individualy. Both pickups has their own volume pot and it does not have a tone pot on in (who needs it anyway ).

I thought about get a Kahler 7330 instead of the Floyd but i think ill just get a tremol-no now.

And when i get some extra cash ill get it finished in white.

Here are the photos.

This is how she was when i got it,

This is how she looks like at the moment,

If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

hey drunkenhead , change those knobs with black ones right this instant ! And buy a soloist already !

Comment

Hahah!

Ive got black ones on it. Family photo coming in a bit!
      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

JS-5 and J-110? You're not missing out on anything

The Duncans sound tons better, trust me.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As i said...got nothing better to do

Took a couple of photos just now,

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

Nice job, it now has almost as many knobs & switches as my project rhoads http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76013 (one knob short actually) .... but the versatility in tone is well worth it, especially if they don't interfere with standard wiring/functionality.

Oh and Peavey make some good basses. I have a NTB5 here and i'm quite impressed by the overall quality of that instrument, for the price i paid.
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I think that looks pretty cool. I dig tortoise shell pick guards.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                  .... but the versatility in tone is well worth it

Yeah you can get so mant different sounds out of it + having so many switches feels great Its like flying a plane hah!

...and yes Peavey makes good stuff. Not only bass guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                    I think that looks pretty cool. I dig tortoise shell pick guards.
                    Imagine that red tortoise on a white finish

Comment

Go ahead with the decision of selling the Peavey and get a Soloist

Btw I like the 3 string bass, it's funny how you have more switches on the dinky than the strings you have on your bass
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

screw white, what it needs to be finished is in natural or a walnut stain.
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          screw white, what it needs to be finished is in natural or a walnut stain.
                          +1 here. Like the natural finish, but not crazy with the pick gaurd. Not sure what color I'd use, but that one ain't it. Nice looking Axe tho.

Comment

I love it in natural with the tortoise. It's a sleeper shredder; nobody'll know what hit 'em till after you've melted their faces!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazden View Post
                              you've melted their faces!
                              Which reminds me of this video...:ROTF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k...related&search=

Check out the part after 1.30

Comment

Working...
                              X