Jackson Performer necks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer necks.

Ok, well a few weeks ago I went to GC and played all the Jacksons they had there. I realized that the necks were extremely different than mine. I played a few Dinkys and a Rhoads.
    I asked 2 different people, one response I got was "it's because Kelly's and King V's have the speed neck"
    And the other which was by a guy who seems to know his Jacksons, and I'm sure visits this site: "Performer necks are the thinest necks Jackson ever made, bolt ons were always thinner than the neck throughs, and this was Jackson at it's thinest"

So my question is, who is right? And, what other guitars have the same neck profile as the performers? I bought this guitar off a friend, which he bought off ebay. We both think that it's a KE3, with a Performer neck.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Murder Soul; 12-09-2007, 12:35 AM.

I had a performer PS-2 strat (bolt-on) and the neck was so thin it was ridiculous.

They did make a Kelly in the performer series... it would have had dot inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
      I had a performer PS-2 strat (bolt-on) and the neck was so thin it was ridiculous.

They did make a Kelly in the performer series... it would have had dot inlays.
      The neck does have dot inlays, but this body is identical to that of a transred KE3. except the licensed floyd is styled after an original.

Comment

There was a transred Performer. The PS6T and the neck was super thin. Much like my Stealth Pro. whats the control layout? can you get a pick?
        Does the headstock and/or trussrod cover say anything?
        Gil

Comment

I took really bad pictures the other day. It looks much better in person, and sorry for the shitty pics. The truss rod cover is black, and has 2 gold skulls on fire in a ying yang.

Comment

The performer necks are pretty thin, but my PS6-T (Kelly Performer) is about the same as the current MIJ KE-3 Pro series necks. I have a RR-X (a 90's Rhoads made for the euro and Australian market with same specs as the pro series of the time I think) and it's neck is even thinner, being a bit flatter on the back.

Comment

Sounds nice. By any chance could you tell me the thickness at the 12th fret?

Comment

My PS4 feels alot thinner than the DK2Ms I've checked out but I don't know the exact dimensions, I like them though!!!

Comment

I've made a few neck observations about Jacksons over the years:

- Earlier import necks are thinner than current imports.

- Bolt-on necks are thinner than neck-thru.

- Import necks are thinner than USAs, at least up through the `90s. I don't have a current USA to check, but my Soloist Pro has a much thinner neck than my USA SL2, and my DR3 Professional has a thinner neck than my DR2 USA.
                  sigpic

Comment

The thinnest Jackson neck I played was the one of my old '92 USA Dinky Custom. It was REALLY thin.

Comment

I have (well, most of the parts of) a 1996 PS-2 and it has the thick, bulky korean made neck. Shaved off 2mm from the back and it's still a bit thicker than the dk2 and dkmg necks.

Thinnest Jackson necks i've seen are the KE3 ones, followed closely by the dinky's.
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Hmm, I guess I have some sort of freak guitar. I'm almost positive the bodys a KE3, but the neck is a performer neck. Would the serial number be able to identify what it is? In the future, I would like to buy another guitar with the same neck profile.

Comment

The original neck on my PS6T felt identical to my KV2. I'm sure I've read before that the neck profile for the PS6T is identical to that of the KE1-2. Which would explain why it felt the same as the KV. Both guitars having the speed neck.

Have you had the neck off the guitar? Both my necks have had some kind of stamp on the heel stating which guitar they came off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
                            The thinnest Jackson neck I played was the one of my old '92 USA Dinky Custom. It was REALLY thin.
                            +1 same experience ( although it wasn't my dinky)

Comment

Would it be possible to custom order a guitar through CS with the same neck profile, but on a neck through?

Comment

Working...
                              X